CA and Windows 10

AJPeach

Go to solution Solved by ChiefArchitect,

Hi all,

Apologies if I missed seeing anything on this, and I've spent the last couple of days looking through the posts and tech sections, but does anyone know for certain if CAX7 is going to run without hitch under Windows 10 ?  The release date is within days, and I'm normally an early adopter, but it makes me nervous when there is no mention of the Windows 10 upgrade from CA.

Again, if I missed it that's my fault, but if anyone has a definitive answer then I'm keen to know.

Alan

• Upvote 1

The bigest downside currently to win10 is you get each and every update that microsoft deems you should have wether you want it or not. So without your control what will or wont work on YOUR computer is controlled by Microsoft. YOU have lost control of YOUR computer. Even non windows updates eg Nvidia will be supplyed by MS.

The only way to cogain when you install updates is to PAY to be on a large bussiness plan-cost??

I've got the Nvida card on my Toshiba Qosmio, and I'm running a USB 20" monitor.  When I first updated to 10, the system did not recognize the second monitor, but with little effort I got Windows to see the Display Monitor software and install it correctly.  Now it runs just fine and I can run CA in either monitor without problems.  Still testing though.

I would be cautious with upgrading to Windows 10. We will do our best to support it, but given that it is now a moving target new issues are likely to show up well before we have a chance to find and correct them. This means that you, our customers, will likely be the first to see issues. Please let us know of any problems that crop up.