Save Plan

ranjet

when you do a save as you will always get this notice unless you change the name of the file with something like a number or I do it as a date if I want to save my work, just use the save and not the save as, if you do use the save as just save and it will be in the same file and you won't get this message not the save as

that doesn't make sense ???

"save" should save the file under the same name

"save as" pops a dbx and gives the chance to give a new name (and location)

review the steps you are doing and if necessary post more screen captures

Lew

Lew I just tried it on a plan I was working on and it works on my end just like you and I have described it, not sure what is going on with their's unless they want to post the plan to take a look at for them

perhaps the wrong icon (blue not red) or the Hotkey is setup incorrectly ..........same thing if you use the File>Save menu?

Not using the icon.  I go to File>save.  This is where it it saving to:

C:\Users\ran1j_000\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X7 Data\Archives\Yemma Plan_9ff018fbe5143d8097e6af0d37e66cfa68a65f8f

I just want to save the latest version, without the confirm dialog box.

C:\Users\ran1j_000\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X7 Data\Archives\Yemma Plan_9ff018fbe5143d8097e6af0d37e66cfa68a65f8f

you have opened an Archive Copy of the plan as Lew and Graeme said ,

So do a Save As  to you Normal Yemma Project Folder as Yemma Plan.plan

and it then should let you save as normal .  I don't think CA will allow you to overwrite an Archive File , and SOP should be to do a Save As immediately if you need to Open an Archive File at anytime so you still have the Archive unchanged if you need it again.

M.

you have opened an Archive Copy of the plan and Lew and Graeme said ,

So do a Save As  to you Normal Yemma Project Folder as Yemma Plan.plan

and it then should let you save as normal .  I don't think CA will allow you to overwrite an Archive File , and SOP should be to do a Save As immediately if you need to Open an Archive File at anytime so you still have the Archive unchanged if you need it again.

M.

I got it now.  I was saving to archive.

Thanks