Extraneous Lines in CAD Export

BryceEngstrom

I was thinking this was new in X6, but it appears X5 is the same way.  Most of my consultants (SE's, EE's, ME's, etc.) want just the main wall layer as a CAD background to use in their drawings.

But, even with only Walls, Normal and Walls, Main Layer Only displayed, I still get these little bits of lines at doors and windows.  The line at the opening in the wall shouldn't be extending to the outside layer of the wall, and the others appear to have something to do with the door and/or window casing.

Any way to have just the Wall, Main Layer showing without these without the tediousness if cleaning it up in CAD myself?  Consultants whine about this, and it would be nice to have a cleaner export for them.

post-67-0-76412500-1396550143_thumb.jpg

I see them in Scott's pictures too.  I think they are more noticeable if you have recessed windows/doors.  I would send in a bug report. 

I was wondering if someone would say this. I agree that the line at edge of opening goes past edge of opening about an inch,  however,  there are not the perpendicular lines that are in the OP's original post.   Would you agree with this KT?

Yes, but I think those only happen when the window/door is recessed? 

I CANNOT DUPLICATE THIS

I still don't like the little 1" tics on your pictures.  They just look messy to me. 

I GET IT,  PERSONAL TASTE,  SOME USERS ACTUALLY LIKE IT,  GOES BACK TO HAND DRAWING DAYS WHERE THERE IS ALWAYS A BIT OF AN OVERLAP

You seem not to have the issue with the casing, but I agree that the ticks at the ends of the wall openings just isn't clean and should be improved.  I assume these ticks extend to the outer layers of the wall definition.  I sent it in as a bug.  Walls, Main Layer Only , should show just that and nothing else.  This goes back to at least X4 I realize now too.

d dot,

If you use a wall definition that has thicker non-main layers, the extra lines will be longer.

In your example the lines are only as long as the non main layer wall thickness.

Try it with a brick veneer wall and the errant lines will extend the brick thickness.

As I said earlier, they are the caps for the openings in the non main layer of the walls.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

this seems to be related to the above posts,  see attached image, showing windows and doors recessed to main layer in brick veneer walls (90mm main layer - 40mm cavity, and 70mm brick). 

the walls are showing main layer only,  there is a line showing the extent of the windows, at the exterior where the wall layer is turned off, (not showing on doors though)... 

I had a look on X3, it also shows the side lines as shown in above attachments...

does anyone know of any way to remove these lines..   they are quite untidy when viewing entire plan on layout,

Thanks for any assistance,

Tim Grindlay

NZ

post-1772-0-40579500-1405569649_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I just had a look without the windows recessed, it is the same,  I don't think it is plan specific, as we checked another plan and it is the same,

it was the same with X3,  except X3 had the side lines as shown in the attachments above,  that was ok, as it at least defined the full extent of the window, these lines just look a bit odd by themselves...

seems to be any window type, mulled or not, but not doors...

No sills,  I went to layer display options and turned off everything except windows, walls normal, and walls main layer only,  then went to the window DBX and pretty much turned everything off, and on,  tried unrecessing, all to no avail,

but I don't think it is an issue with the plan file,  as it is happening in other plans...