downloaded latest update and everything is black

jessde

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

post-1317-0-04057300-1437932685_thumb.jpg

windows 7 pro

X7

Been awhile since I've used the program  and last I heard there had been a couple glitches in the newest update so I waited until today to download it .

Now everything is black That is the entire structure and terrain. I checked display options and found all designated black. I changed some colors to see if that was the problem but the black remains with no change.

Shouldn't have waited until I needed to use the program to do the update.

I'm assuming this is the problem

Hope someone can help me out with this as I should be working today! :)

I think I have seen posts on Older ATI Cards having issues with Shadows .....don't quote me but I think the suggestion was to turn off Legacy Shadows.

Hopefully Perry will see you post today  , I think it was him I saw post about this....

M.

I am not suggesting that YOU changed the settings. But check them anyway. Or post the plan.

yes thank you Richard  . I did check that as you suggested and default sunlight was at 100 % . just wanted to clarify that the change occurred right after download.

I wonder if anyone else had this problem with the update.

I think I have seen posts on Older ATI Cards having issues with Shadows .....don't quote me but I think the suggestion was to turn off Legacy Shadows.

Hopefully Perry will see you post today  , I think it was him I saw post about this....

M.

I  went to the legacy file ( new to me) and found everything on the menu was modified at the time I downloaded the update. This is beyond my experience , but I tried to open each menu choice but all were blank.  I'm lost from here. Thanks for

leading me in that direction as I have learned something else now .:)

Post your plan file. Without your plan file it is mostly wild guesses. Also, you complete specs on your computer may reveal something.

Ok

HP probook

. AMD phenom  N620 dual core  2.8 GHZ

windows 7Pro 64 Bit

4.0 GB Ram

I can't seem to attach plan. Will keep trying.

I went to see if other plans were also affected and they are. But this only happens with orthographic overhead or floor views .  Elevation views are fine .

• Solution

just confirming what Alan sees , no black here on another Nvidia Card either...

post-315-0-10990700-1437957826_thumb.jpg

Try turning off options one by one in the Prefs. Render Tab and see what happens Shadows, MSAA etc that should pinpoint the Cause hopefully.

post-315-0-91885700-1437957953_thumb.jpg

Also Make sure you check direct with ATI for Drivers , don't assume Microsoft Update or the Manufacturer of you Comp. ( HP) has the latest on their Site , saw  a similar issue a few weeks ago and it was solved by a Driver from the ATI Site.

just confirming what Alan sees , no black here on another Nvidia Card either...

attachicon.gifhh.JPG

Try turning off options one by one in the Prefs. Render Tab and see what happens Shadows, MSAA etc that should pinpoint the Cause hopefully.

attachicon.gifPrefs. Render Tab.JPG

Also Make sure you check direct with ATI for Drivers , don't assume Microsoft Update or the Manufacturer of you Comp. ( HP) has the latest on their Site , saw  a similar issue a few weeks ago and it was solved by a Driver from the ATI Site.

Alright!!! 

I downloaded a driver update for my video card earlier today ( from ATI site) but I just checked my driver status and it showed my old driver. I went back to ATI site and tried downloading again and it worked. And solved the problem.

Thanks so much for all your time and effort.