Plan Assistance

mrscott

Guys and Gals,

I'm having some difficulty with the attached plan and would very much appreciate your thoughts, feedback and assistance to address the following:

• Roof planes not aligning properly
  • - 1/12 hip roof on 2nd floor surrounding a 6/12 Full Gable 
  • Created a 3rd floor so I could add a fuax door and balcony on the large gable wall on one side and a HVAC nook on the other. I have the HVAC nook in place but not without pull and dragging walls around in 3D (not the proper way to do this I know). But not sure if this is the correct approach to take for this task.
  • I have a lot of Steel (RED IRON) super structure underneath the walls that I think is slowing down my system with this plan. Not sure how else to manage this process and would like your advise.

Thanks again for your professional support.

Venue 1.1.zip

David,

Thanks for pointing out my oversight on the "baselines" and of the course the video explaining it all. You did a great job in short order interpreting my design objective for the roof. I've done as good a job as I know to do to correct the model.

DSH - Your tip on the wrought iron balusters did the trick. Thank you!

Design points: (Revised Model attached)

• David, the gap in the front hip needed to be moved in as terminates at the wall and does not cover deck.
  • I raised the Baseline of the 1:12 hip to 335 and lowered the 6:12 Fascia top to 332 so the tile will blend into the ridge of the hip. (Hope that made sense)
  • I used 1/2" x 21" Slabs to make up the Stucco Fascia around the 2nd floor beneath the roof overhang. Much of which will be Steel I-beams and or box beam. Engineering is currently reviewing the layout. (See attached photo)
  • I've installed a door in the East Gable wall but need some help to place a shallow balcony. It's all a façade but I need to show it. You will see (Annoset - A4 FLOOR PLAN 3RD) where I attempted to place a Balcony ROOM and a Deck ROOM and now all I have are ATTIC walls that won't go away. (See attached RAYTRACE- notice the black garbage in the RT. No idea what that is)
  • Once I get past Engineering I can complete the rest of the project.

34000 SQ FT

post-5149-0-95151300-1437850239_thumb.jpg

post-5149-0-19046500-1437850273_thumb.jpg

Venue 1.2.zip