End Walls/Finishes

johnny

I've seen other issues kinda like this in the past, but I dont remember seeing it on a transition like i have here.

I am merging a concrete/block wall (multiple layers) with a window wall I created to basically only set my windows in.  At the transition I can't get my floor plan view to look like my elevation/render view.  The thin finish concrete layer is to get me by visually for now and I may detail this out differently.

My issue is that my floor plan doesn't match elevations - and vice-versa if I change the other.

wall1.jpg

no_show.jpg

second_version_cro1_c.zip

See at the transition of the block/concrete wall and the window wall (floor plan)  - to get that to look correctly in elevation I have to leave it that way, but then floor plan isnt correct.  There should be no cap between the concrete wall and the wood "post" (finished) - and in elevation/rendering it shows correct, but floor plan incorrect.

The last layer of the block wall is wrapping around at the distance (as if) the wall turned 90 deg.  Actually, as I talk this thru the easiest solution may be to create a new wall that doesn't have all those layers so the finish later doesn't wrap back.  I will try that.

There are those who would suggest you try and get Chief to behave in the way you are asking but there are others who would just take the floor plan and add CAD boxes and perhaps p-line solids to get the floor plan to look right and move on. Chief has imposed enough pain on me in the last many years so I generally fall in to the later camp, so I'm afraid I can't be much help.