Edit "baseline" and roof edges post creation?

johnny

Roof planes have a single baseline, viewed by turning on the Roofs, Baselines layer. The baseline is typically located at the outside edge of the bearing (top plate, etc.). The roof shape can be edited in plan view using the same tools that work on polylines. When you select a roof plane other specific tools become available to assist in joining roof planes, making them coplanar, etc.

I'm trying to model a modern skillion roof, and when I place my perimeter around the section of the home I want the roof over - how do I control what edges represent what (baseline/ridge)? 

Turn on the Roof, Baselines layer to display the baseline.

A skillion (shed) is the simplest form of roof.

It might be good to post a plan that shows what you want to do.

It's best (but not necessary)  to keep the baseline at the outside edge of a bearing wall, as it makes it easier to reference the height of the roof plane relative to the rest of the building.

I'm guessing that you may want to rotate the baseline to have the roof pitch diagonal, or skewed with respect to the walls

It is also possible to change the angle of the baseline with respect to the horizon, but this can become confusing, and is generally not necessary.

Thanks Bill - through some trial and error I was able to control the roof the way I needed....in fact, upon seeing how it looked I decided against that approach.  It was actually a skillion roof where all points of the roof had a different Z coordinate. 

It was the fact I made a complex design on the roof, and I couldn't identify the lines that were considered "baseline" - but through trial and error I figured it out.