Ray Trace pixel issue

BigKahuna

Anyone have a problem with what appears to be pixels missing in a ray trace ?  They are happening about midpoint of windows leaving black gaps. They seem to get worse if I let trace run longer.

Also any tips to making trace brighter ? I will look through forum to see what is out there.

Thanks

post-686-0-58814500-1437755430_thumb.jpg

Big K.

re: tips to making trace brighter

Try to play with image properties for contrast, brightness, intensity etc...

-----

I can also see black spots in your lamps, never had it in mine. Can you post the plan?

I tried checking the focal blur but its set off as you noted. 

Its a brand new Alienware laptop with Intel i7-4720 CPU 16 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Graphics card and it seems to perform very well compared to my old Toshiba. Another issue is in the walk through. It is blurry and or pixelated.   Its not as bright but smoother ( if a bit jerky due to slower processor and age ) and clearer on my  Toshiba

I would post a fly around video.  but I believe its too big to post

I am attaching the plan with many of the models deleted to allow uploading. its  just exterior for now as inside is not done.

Schoenleben EXTERIOR FINAL.zip

The lights are misconfigured.  On the wall mounted lights, adjust light source distance from base to "6" (it's set at "1").  For the ceiling mounted light (not the recessed) adjust to 63 (1 inch below the fixture) or 61  (1 inch inside the fixture).  The "black pixels of Doom" are almost always a light fixture/light source issue.  Crazy "fireflys" can result from this as well, but are typically caused by a bad material definition or insufficient hardware.

Additionally, turn off any lights not used in a camera view.  The ray trace will go faster and hunting bad lighting artifacts is easier. 

jon

post-52-0-01189900-1437842779_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-22369100-1437842787_thumb.jpg