Deck plank direction change loses deck

Dennis_Gavin

I have set framing and joist direction as wanted but chief makes the planking parallel to the joist so I selected the room with the roof unchecked default for plank direction and

reframed. No problem. I do the same for the open air deck and I lose it. Check on retain deck framing when deleted to no avail. Need some help.

Scott - I also got it. Opened the deck dbx, selected structure, changed the decking to what I wanted, closed out of structure and opened deck and unchecked automatic for planking direction and then rebuilt framing. Started with the open deck. Repeated for the roofed deck and it held. There is definitely some VOO_DOO necessary though. Maybe Chief can splain the procedure because I don't really understand the "controlling" factors! Sheesh!!

Thanks for checking.

Dennis,  you should send this in.  There is definitely some kind of a bug with the deck framing system.  I sent you a GTM invite,  did not hear back,  but if you are available,  I can prove it is the program and not you and I who is the problem here.

Dennis,  I received some help from headquarters.  Do this.....  if you find that you have suddenly lost your deck planking,  open the room and verify FLOOR  UNDER THIS ROOM is checked.  

I think there is a small bug in the program that will uncheck FLOOR UNDER THIS ROOM under certain circumstances.  

Not really a big deal if you know to double check that FLOOR UNDER THIS ROOM is checked.

I am embarrassed that I had not thought of checking this,  but now I know.

• Upvote 1