Door & Window end wall seperation?

ACADuser

What controls how close to the end of the wall you may place a door or window?

Some times I can turn off the casing & nudge the door closer & the turn the casing back on.

But I want a Pass through pushed to the end of a wall & have no return on the main wall.

i.e. pushed all the way to the T

Now that I thing about it I only want a drywall opening in the wall, not a pass through with trim.

I am going to set a counter top in the opening.

I did this before but have forgotten how I did it.

Fixed...

Sometimes I have to recheck "Use Interior Casing", change all the interior casing values to "0", CTRL move the passthru to the end of the wall, and then uncheck "Use Interior Casing"...

Which is what I did here.

Not sure why Chief doesn't recognize that when we aren't using interior casing...it can actually move the opening to the end of the wall.

46th Ave Townhouse.plan

There almost needs to be a "work-around" section on the forums to search for specific issues like this.  I ran into a similar issue the other day, and if you dont know the secret handshake to get CA to perform you can end up stuck often.

There almost needs to be a "work-around" section on the forums to search for specific issues like this.  I ran into a similar issue the other day, and if you dont know the secret handshake to get CA to perform you can end up stuck often.

Tips & Techniques forum.

Just curious if you all have not set  "ignore casing on opening resize"  in your Defaults> Plan , as a Pass Thru shoved to the "T" wall and then the casing and sill turned off works for me and that is the only other setting I can think off ...I have it on in My Template Plan so it's always there and on.... 

post-315-0-29750900-1437672934_thumb.jpg

M.

Mick,

That's a good feature, but what about when you have mixed cased openings and sheetrocked openings?...

Isn't EVERYTHING ignored then?

There are many times when I slam my cased door or window up against a wall and then move it so there's a 1" space...

No , sorry the setting doesn't make the Casing disappear ,nor does it ignore the Casing if you have it on , all it does is allow you to push the window or door with Casing On thru the drywall etc otherwise it bumps upto the drywall and stops. It is great for situations like where you have 1x4 Casing but , in a tight room only perhaps 1 stud in the doorway or even no stud....and it seemed to help here too.... but I only tried it in one plan I had open....

M.