Layout

sputnik27

in X5, I could create a new layout, by going to the new layout tab, go to print page set up, and select by sheet size. in X6 if I go to new layout tab a default sheet and border appears, I can not change the default sheet size

Page/sheet setup are under the print menu in layout view.  You should be able to adjust everything there.  Once everything is to your liking, create a new layout template and save it in the template folder.  You can then select the newly created template as a default.  Finally, in the future you can just create the new layout and your smaller sheet size with appropriate layout borders and such automagically appear.

As Mike said, here are some pictures to illustrate:

Pic one shows the layers I have set up for the various sheet sizes. I turn off the 8x11 or 11x17 layers for the full size sheet. I can leave the full size sheet info on all the time since if I am setting the sheet size smaller that info is out of print range. If I want to set up a drawing for 8.5x11 I just change the sheet size in File-> Print-> Drawing Sheet Set UP

post-170-0-10047300-1396542483_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-33281900-1396542491_thumb.jpg