Chief Architect road and fence problem

ChiefBNpro

I have a problem with CA precision regarding roads and fences. I've imported elevation points and generated terrain. When I place fence on the terrain it sometimes follows terrain correctly, but often it "sinks" under.

post-6989-0-74057900-1437571398_thumb.png

Similar problem happens with roads when I try to join two roads to form an intersection (curbs are misaligned).

post-6989-0-95146900-1437571708_thumb.png post-6989-0-15022100-1437571715_thumb.png post-6989-0-80546600-1437571756_thumb.png

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Sorry for my bad English.

test.plan

Your terrain is very large and you have many elevation points....  this may be a contributing factor to the issue.  Attached is a picture where I reduced the size of at the terrain.  I understand that this may be not what you want,  but it proves that you have things built correctly by CA and your computer may not be able to handle this size model.

BTW,  thanks for posting the plan,  it speeds up the process.

post-50-0-40836200-1437655813_thumb.png

Try this,  open plan and open an overview.  Put them side by side so you can see both views on your monitor.  Now,  resize the terrain perimeter.  Take note of when your fences do not behave.  There are definitely terrain sizes that will effect how the fences work.  

I guarantee that in your model I did find a a couple of roads that were 200 meters from the fence that when deleted,  the terrain and how the fence relates to the terrain was effected.  To repeat,  I found roads that were 200 meters from the fence,  and whether these roads were in plan,  did effect the terrain.....  interesting.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for trying to help.

Your terrain is very large and you have many elevation points....  this may be a contributing factor to the issue.  Attached is a picture where I reduced the size of at the terrain.  I understand that this may be not what you want,  but it proves that you have things built correctly by CA and your computer may not be able to handle this size model.

BTW,  thanks for posting the plan,  it speeds up the process.

I have to use this terrain. I tried many programs, including AutoDesk Infraworks, Civil3D, 3DS Max, SketchUp with Instant Architecture and ESRI City Engine. We need to prepare terrain for houses, draw roads and fences. Then we open this model in Lumion and render 3D video animation. So far we got best results with 3DS Max (successfully completed 6 projects), but Chief Architect is the most intuitive program we found so far. Our new architect is using it and he told me that CA can draw roads. I tired it, and definitely CA workflow drastically decreases modeling time.

This is my PC config:

Operating System
  Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
  Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
  Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
  16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 775MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-A (SOCKET 1150)
Graphics
  Display 1: 23'' 2357M (1920x1080@60Hz)
  Display 2: 23'' ASUS VS247 (1920x1080@60Hz)
  GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
  232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
  931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)
Optical Drives
  TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB
Audio
  NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Try breaking your fence to coincide with radical terrain elevation changes.

jon

I tried, but it didn't help.