Same Material PATTERN looks different

dshall

Please open both attached plans,  do a full overview camera shot,  turn into a water  color......  note the EXTRA LINES in one of the water  color drawings.

Why is that?  They are the same material,   copied material from original plan to new plan,  any ideas?

I have included a  pic of the two materials so you can see difference.

So,  two plans with same material,  yet they appear differently in a water  color....  why is that?

post-50-0-28613200-1437506010_thumb.png

pop wc material 1.plan.zip

pop wc material ng 1.plan.zip

Scott - you are the expert in this typically, but the version with the "extra lines" appears to be the shadow render for that texture/material.  Its as if the pattern and texture are trying to be rendered...and they dont sync up.  You can also see the variation in the shingle colors etc.

Scott - you are the expert in this typically, but the version with the "extra lines" appears to be the shadow render for that texture/material.  Its as if the pattern and texture are trying to be rendered...and they dont sync up.  You can also see the variation in the shingle colors etc.

Thanks JPC for looking,  but I do not think that is it.  It seems as if it is plan specific,  I just can't figure out why.

There seem to be something underneath the shingles, almost like your texture and pattern are showing but they are different.

Heck P.  i made it simple,  I made a box,  put the material on it,  in the good plan all was well,  in the  NG plan,  that was where the problem occurs.  

Here is the test,  take a cube and put the material on it.  Put the cube in the good plan and all is well,  copy that cube and put it in bad plan and the problem occurs.

It appears that it is plan specific,  and so if that is the  case,  how do fix it

In the NG Plan, check to see if the material name appears twice.  If so, one of them is the bad one and the other one is the good one.  Chief will simply copy the name so that there are really 2 different material definitions but both have the same name.