Roof tools or poly shapes

johnny

Larry, thanks for the video, I was just commenting for the O.P., he seemed a little confused. I think the reason that the balloon frame stopped where it did was b/c , I believe you used a roof plane, and a balloon frame at the below wall ,will only take you up to the roof, if you had used a floor system as the roof, it would have gone full height. But if you have to create a slope on that roof, use a roof and do it using the go thru floor method like you did in the video.

Awesome Perry, that's really helpful. I forgot I had the roof plane in there and good reminder to just use the floor system as the roof in this case.

Good video's Larry.

Raining here too so I took a nap. :)

The Stacked Framing is typical here. Some use a Rim board usually 1-1/4" thick but most use a truss that ends with two 2x vertical legs & the outer leg is short by 5.5" .

This allows for 2x6 for lateral bracing.

post-2435-0-01601500-1437251925_thumb.png

Good video's Larry.

Raining here too so I took a nap. :)

The Stacked Framing is typical here. Some use a Rim board usually 1-1/4" thick but most use a truss that ends with two 2x vertical legs & the outer leg is short by 5.5" .

This allows for 2x6 for lateral bracing.

Looks familiar now that you show that pic. Been forever since I've been on a job using floor trusses. That would be pretty easy to create in a section view but I have no idea how to model it correctly, I guess you could frame it with 2 X 4 beams and such but a lot of work. Maybe I'll nap -_-

One more detail...

Larry, Chief will always conventional frame an area where no trusses exist. This is good for us guys that have mixed framing, which I have a lot. In an earlier video you may have changes the floor framing for one room. Nice video, you are doing so good with those.