Mixed Railing Balusters

jtcapa1

Any of your talent CA user know of a way to mix and match balusters in railings?  My client sent me some picture idea's which look cool but I'm restricted not by the choice of symbols in our CA library, but by the single railing choice for balusters.  Can't come up with a simple work around yet.  Any idea's would be appreciated. :) post-767-0-70913300-1437006637_thumb.jpg

post-767-0-19486400-1437006650_thumb.jpg

And this is the actual model...

post-767-0-29123900-1437006660_thumb.jpg

I have seen posts before with issues with balusters ,so I know to use a panel for this type of thing , one can be made pretty much like the photo with the Arcways catalogue items it's not too difficult , the other I can't match as I don't have the Scroll in the middle so I used the Arcways Scroll ,but it is really too big, maybe the other scroll is in another library ?  I didn't look to hard , it's late.

post-315-0-77120700-1437029814_thumb.jpgpost-315-0-29888300-1437029828_thumb.jpg

If either works let me know and I'll posts the symbols in the Symbols forum.

M.

I have seen posts before with issues with balusters ,so I know to use a panel for this type of thing , one can be made pretty much like the photo with the Arcways catalogue items it's not too difficult , the other I can't match as I don't have the Scroll in the middle so I used the Arcways Scroll ,but it is really too big, maybe the other scroll is in another library ?  I didn't look to hard , it's late.

attachicon.gifCedar and Wrought Iron4.JPGattachicon.gifCedar and Wrought Iron2.JPG

If either works let me know and I'll posts the symbols in the Symbols forum.

M.

Mick, very interesting ones! Please post this items in the symbols and content forum. Sure they are very much helpful and looks perfect.

Thanks

Sorry to leave everyone hanging ,unfortunately I just spent a few days in Hospital and still need a few more tests.

Actually I know all you guys can do it knowing your abilities with Chief but I will add a post in the Symbols Forum with the Rails shown above and another I messed about with while I was making those two ,which was relatively easy as someone at CA had already made the knuckles and baskets in the Bonus Arcways Baluster and Newels Catalogue.  Making those isn't at my 3D artist skill level ie 0 , which is why I know anyone can do it  :)

Using a panel allows you to mix and match the balusters in the Railing , other wise CA only allows you to use a Single instance of any of them at a time , which it repeats, so making a short section which is repeated is pretty simple , especially once you do it once. Note: I found there was no point making 6' or 8' sections in this case , as it seemed to screw up the auto newel spacings etc and not work correctly ,so I keep it to about 3'.

Mick

Edit: the Post in the Symbols Forum:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/6005-cedar-railings-with-wrought-iron-knuckles-and-baskets/

• Upvote 1

Sorry to leave everyone hanging ,unfortunately I just spent a few days in Hospital and still need a few more tests.

Thought it had been unusually quiet around here. ;)

Hope everything is OK. You need to watch out for

those hospital people. It's job security for them to

find something wrong with you.

Mick, I was logging in to the forum some times simply to see that you are there and asking my self if there was some thing unusual happened to you. Any way praying for you to regain your health, well come back and Probably the count down was up to 30 days, then would start search for the gentle man missing.