AS BUILT: strange gable/hip shed on old ranch home

oldgreg

Hello everyone.  I appreciate you taking the time to take a look at my question.  I'm relatively new to Chief.

I am trying to do an as built of an older ranch home with trusses spanning part of the home, a shed spanning from one side of it, and a gable coming off as well.  For hours I've been trying and decided to ask the community. 

Attached are some pictures of the home, a floorplan in chief with some annotations, and the plan file I'm working on.  How do we go about adding the trusses to span across, and a shed to intersect with it along with the gable?  I want to accurately depict the as built before attempting to renovate.  Do I need to first add beams?  Where do I Start?  

shangri las copy.plan

post-4450-0-96792400-1436992011_thumb.jpg

post-4450-0-44307400-1436991724_thumb.jpgpost-4450-0-60348600-1436991727_thumb.jpgpost-4450-0-92976400-1436991729_thumb.jpg

Wow, very nice!

Mind telling me how you approached that?  Looks like I still need to build out the framing for the little roof over the porch area and the support beams, and also the roof trusses for the rear gable, right?  

Wow, very nice!

Mind telling me how you approached that?  Looks like I still need to build out the framing for the little roof over the porch area and the support beams, and also the roof trusses for the rear gable, right?  

Yes truss for reverse gable and giving advice on structural support is risky business BUT that is a small porch roof. So a post in center with 2x? lumber or L.V.L. with no post.