Post Label Macros - Free

Joe_Carrick

Here are 4 macros that can be used to Label Posts.  They can be added to the Default Post Label or substituted in each Post dbx as needed.

Post Size

Post Size - Existing

Post Size - New

Post Type

I use the following in my Defaults:

%Post Size%%Post Type%

results:  4x4 DF#2, 4x4 PTDF#2, 3-1/2 Dia. Pipe Col, 3-1/2x3-1/2 Stl.Tube,....

Enjoy

Post Size & Type Labels.zip

Thanks Joe , I guess you changed them since this morning and updated above?

Right,  I actually took a little simpler route with the size macro(s) as well as handling a round post.  Plus I added the "Post Type" macro as an extra for what I usually want in addition to the size. 

Joe,  I imagine this is some really good stuff that somehow I think CA should provide.  But,  in any case,  I really appreciate what you did,  however,  I do not how to use it. The attached pic shows what I have when I downloaded your file.

Would you mind explaining how I use this in a plan,  thanks a ton.

post-50-0-45298400-1437060087_thumb.png

Scott,

Copy the .json file to your Chief Data/Scripts folder.

Then Import it using Text Macro Management.

This is the normal way to load macros into your plan.

btw, I don't think this is the first time I've told you how to do this. :P

• Upvote 2

Joe,  I imagine this is some really good stuff that somehow I think CA should provide.

Scott,

I don't expect Chief to know exactly what we want in our Labels.  If they did everything that every user wanted they would have to have a full time programmer writing macros.  Ruby has all the capabilities but they need to make all the object data available, not just some of it.

Scott,

Copy the .json file to your Chief Data/Scripts folder.

Then Import it using Text Macro Management.

This is the normal way to load macros into your plan.

btw, I don't think this is the first time I've told you how to do this. :P

Worked lile a dream,  thanks Joe.

Scott,

I don't expect Chief to know exactly what we want in our Labels.  If they did everything that every user wanted they would have to have a full time programmer writing macros.  Ruby has all the capabilities but they need to make all the object data available, not just some of it.

You are absolutely correct....  I was being a bit lazy.

You can also just copy something with a macro assigned to it, to your plan and the macro will automatically come with it and install itself.

I believe the downside to this is it will be unique to this plan,  whereas with Joe's import method,  any new or existing plan will have access to the macro.

Isn't this so?

I believe the downside to this is it will be unique to this plan,  whereas with Joe's import method,  any new or existing plan will have access to the macro.

Isn't this so?

If an object with a macro is copied into a Plan, the macro will then exist in that Plan.  If it's your SAM or Perry's Default Template then it will be available there for the future.

But, I still like to have them backed up in the Scripts Folder so they're available for other (older) Plans if needed.

I'm not saying my way is the only way, just saying there are other way to easily add them to your existing macros. I put then in a folder on my desktop and that automatically gets backed up by Carbonite.