Adjusting door setting?

Larry_Sweeney

MY CHALLANGE OF THE DAY    I'm working on a restoration project for a 1830 Pa. stone house. The casings (all trim) is attached directly to the studding and the plaster comes up to the casing. I show in the following attachment what I'm after and what I've been able to accomplish so far.  post-76-0-78793800-1436898171_thumb.jpg I realize I can't get the rabbeted jam :( (or can I?), but (1) is there any way to flush the face of the door to the trim? (2) I would also like to get the casing on the inside of the door to be next to the studding. I thought by changing the "jamb settings"  post-76-0-86805300-1436898185_thumb.jpg could possibility do the trick, but I'm getting nowhere. I was able to get the trim against the stud on the front side by changing this setting. post-76-0-96792900-1436898698_thumb.jpg. Does anyone have any work around suggestions to get these items accomplished? I suppose not to many of you come across this type of construction, but doing a lot of restoration work I run into it all the time. I know I can just make a cad detail of this, but it would be nice to somehow figure CA out to accomplish it in the model. Thanks for any and all advice. It's always appreicated.

I'm going from distant memory, but I think you can get much of what you want with a custom door symbol.  likely it will look good in 3D, elevation, and section; but may not be right in plan.

I've gotten away from using custom window and door symbols as they are essentially broken in recent versions.

I may give it a try in the morning if things don't get too busy.

Bill...............Whenever I'm trying to to figure something "out of the box" with this program I almost always expect to hear from you.--------If I don't then nine times out of ten I figure it can't be done.  :)  I'll be looking forward to your suggestions. Have a great day.

Alan..........Nice--I like it. It could be a little time consuming if I were showing that detail for an entire project, but It gets my casing where I want it. I'm going to "play" with your idea a little more and see if I can somehow improve on the "time" factor. Thanks and have a great day.

Bill...........The reason you were using a "custom door symbol" was so you could get the face of the door and casing on the same plane as I show in the first thread?

Shane.........Doing it like you state will get the door near the face of the 1/16" casing surface, but to use the casing I show in my first thread this won't work. At least I don't see how it would. I would have to "install" the casing I would want to see, using a 3D molding p-line and that will put me right back where I started.  :mellow:  Then again maybe I've had to much coffee today.