Assessor Parcel Maps.... where are they?

dshall

Hey Scott,

Here is the link to the San Diego County Assessor,s office.

https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/Pages/parcelmaps.aspx

They charge $2.00 per page in TIFF format. I always buy the property characteristics at the same time which is another $1. This gives me info what the County has on record for number of bedrooms and baths and square footage of the house. Which has saved me a few times when the previous owners have added living area without a permit and I catch way before the design phase of the project.

And-- I know we still need to meet for lunch.

Jan

Scott, Fast Web is free with an account. Yes, you need a password so therefore you need to golf with someone who works at First American Title. Lose to them badly and sing their praises. Maybe even buy lunch.

Alright already, I will send Christine an email and see what I can do.

Scott, Fast Web is free with an account. Yes, you need a password so therefore you need to golf with someone who works at First American Title. Lose to them badly and sing their praises. Maybe even buy lunch.

Alright already, I will send Christine an email and see what I can do.

Thanks Alan.  I appreciate the help.

I think I will also talk to Larry or Jan about using the San Diego Site,  but as a back up for projects I work on in RIVERSIDE COUNTY,  I have one going on up there right now,  I will need something like FASTWEB which I assume covers more counties.......  netroline I believe covers all counties but until yesterday it did not work for me......  good to have a back up like FAST WEB,   thanks again Alan for what you can do.

.......  netroline I believe covers all counties but until yesterday it did not work for me...... 

And today NETROLINE does not work,  thanks to Alan L.  I might have access to a plat map outside of San Diego County.

.......I always buy the property characteristics at the same time which is another $1. This gives me info what the County has on record for number of bedrooms and baths and square footage of the house.......

Thanks Jan.....  BTW,  if you go on to GOOGLE EARH PRO ......  you maybe able to save the dollar and get the same info,  see pic.

post-50-0-77213500-1437065454_thumb.png

post-50-0-43078300-1437065529_thumb.png

Thanks Scott. I will check into google earth pro.

On the subject of San Diego where do you guys get your truss calcs?

I am finding it hard to get any calcs without paying a $250 truss package fee. Since a lot of my jobs are put to bid after I finish the plans I do not have the luxury of a contractors truss yard.

The building departments are asking for the calcs before they will even look at my plans so most of the time I am going with conventional framing on roofs now just because it is easier to permit.

Although hip roofs I will still use trusses.

Interested in hearings others way they deal with this lately.

• 3 weeks later...

I use "Corelogic, have for many years, they bought out "Dataquick" recently

http://pro.realquest.com/jsp/rq.jsp?&client=&page=error&action=switch&type=login

It's a pay site, but you only pay for what you download.

Perry,

Do you have to call to sign up to Corelogic? I tried going on the site to sign up and there is no instruction that I can see for signing up.

Perry,

Do you have to call to sign up to Corelogic? I tried going on the site to sign up and there is no instruction that I can see for signing up.

Yes, but some people are saying they can't get my deal. I guess I have been with them for many-many years, so I get a special price per map.

I can't find there phone # right now but it should be on their web site. I had to call but you may be able to do it online , not sure. My transfer to them was automatic.