Assessor Parcel Maps.... where are they?

dshall

Hey guys,  I almost feel stupid asking this but where and how do you get your ASSESSORS MAPS.  It seems like every time I find a site to retrieve APM's,  It's good for 8 months and then somebody changes the method to retrieve them and I have to start over.

I have used title companies,  the SANGIS system,  NETROLINE,   and a couple of others,  what do you guys use?  Is it free?

Try the county Scott. Used Netronline for a long time then it just quit giving me info.

When using the County use ONLY the APN. If you HAVE to use the address just put in number and street, maybe the St. Dr. Ave. etc.

If you put in all the info in the address field like 123 Any Street, Any Town, ZIP it will get you nothing.

https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/Pages/parcelmaps.aspx

Cost $2 a page plus $.61 processing but it's good if you know the APN.

I use Google Earth pro for APN's or call the county in a pinch if that doesn't work.

Check out Portland, ......

Are you talking Portland Oregon or Portland Maine?  If you are talking Maine,  Lynn and I will be up there in October 2016 to see the colors.  Maybe we can get together for lunch as we cruise through.  Anyway,  keep it in mind Moakster,  it will be nice to meet you.

Holy Kamoly,  I have been dreaming about your lobster rolls ever since we decided to make this trip.  I will definitely keep in touch.

BTW,  down here in SOCAL we have "lobsters",  but nothing like those.  In fact our lobster do not have claws.  We call them "bugs".  Back when we were scuba diving,  during "lobster" season,  we would scuba dive down at night and catch them,  boil them and eat them.  

But nothing beats a Maine Lobster.

Type the address into Google.   Click the link for what Zillow presents.  Then see if Zillow has a county data source link.  It brings you to the county's assessor office, where almost always you can find the parcel map.  

Type the address into Google.   Click the link for what Zillow presents.  Then see if Zillow has a county data source link.  It brings you to the county's assessor office, where almost always you can find the parcel map.  

Thanks Tom,  however I can not read the map.  I am assuming I need to go to a site that charges me a nominal fee to get a tiff file....  still searching for a good consistent site to get the map.  

I do  not want to spend time trying to figure out a web site.  I would much rather pay 3.00 each time,  get my map and move on.....  it seems that I have lost that ability lately....  I will check out The Moakster;s method.....  Larry's looks promising too.

The county parcel map search site is there for what you want to do - get parcel maps. Very easy.

Perry, I tried to get on the Core Logic Site and have a request to sign up but don't know any details yet. Looks like a pay site with a monthly fee?

Some times I need more info than Zillow (great for year built) Google and the County site and it would be great to have access to more info like Core Logic. I'll wait till they get back to me about signing up.

Perry, I tried to get on the Core Logic Site and have a request to sign up but don't know any details yet. Looks like a pay site with a monthly fee?

no monthly fee, just pay for what you take, and they will do it automatically for you. and they have Tiff. maps

Just got off the phone with Patrick from Core Logic. The cheapest plan they had (today) was $100/month and the cost of each download would be deducted from that monthly charge. Perhaps you (Perry) signed up before they went to a monthly charge? Reports looked very nice and complete but $100 a month is too much for the amount of reports I'd need.

Checking in:

The Moakster's suggestion,  it does no cover SOCAL,  useless for me

Alan's Fast  Web,    I used this before,  it became more and more restricted,  stop using it,  just checked it out,  they wanted password etc,  I did not go any further

Perry's system,  they wanted a subscription,  could not figure how to get on,  gave up

Larry's County system,  I got on,  bought plat map for 5.00,  I think they will mail it to me,  they said I could view it for 10 days but I do not know how to do that,  I gave up

My County system (SDGIS)  their web site only recognizes internet explorer,  I am on a MAC,  no internet Explorer,  I use internet explorer on my PC,  for some reason the monitor is huge,  I can't read the maps anymore....

Netroline,  I tried it today..... IT WORKED!  I was able to get a plat map for the first time in 4 months.....  I cannot explain it.....

Mick's suggestion of using Perry to get plats was a thought,  but he was talking 6.00 per plat,  I doubt Perry wants to be bothered getting plats for me....  thanks Mick,  but not a whole lot of help...

soooooo,  Netroline is working for now,  fingers crossed,  3.50 for a plat map if quick and efficient is well worth it.

Really, I was never aware of any plan like that. I was brought over from Dataquick when Core logic took them over. They just add whatever charges I might have that month which is way less then a hundred to my credit card. I was offered that plan recently within a few months ago. Maybe you should ask them about it.

Larry's County system,  I got on,  bought plat map for 5.00,  I think they will mail it to me,  they said I could view it for 10 days but I do not know how to do that,  I gave up...

So weird how different people experience different sites differently. I enter the APN, buy the parcel map for $2.61 and download the Tiff file. Takes 3 - 4 minutes total.

Scott, you enter the APN, pay $5.00, maybe get it mailed to you, maybe can view it, and give up. When Netronline fails, and it always did for me, give me call I'll walk you through it.

Really, I was never aware of any plan like that. I was brought over from Dataquick when Core logic took them over. They just add whatever charges I might have that month which is way less then a hundred to my credit card. I was offered that plan recently within a few months ago. Maybe you should ask them about it.

You were "brought over from DataQuick", which explains the plan you were grandfathered. I talked to a company rep today and asked about all their plans. There is nothing currently offered that matches the service you have. Great service me thinks but not worth $100 a month to me.