Door Sidelites

Byyourbuilder

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to create these panel sidelites they need to look pretty good on a rendering . I really  haven't even found anything that I could modify to come close , Any thoughts would be welcome. Obviously the door itself is no problem as I never changed away form's chief's default setting door

THANKS for any Idea'spost-1007-0-94809200-1436840655_thumb.jpg

Speaking of sidelights, the Simpson Door Company (manufacturer) catalog has a very nice selection of sidelights. However, when place in a plan they come in as bi-fold doors! I have tried to change them back to single sidelights but to no avail.

Anyone know what to make of this?

Mickey,

Report this to CA and ask that they change these to "Windows".

The only other option you have is to place one in a plan with just a single wall.  It's best to use a wall with just one layer and suppress the casings, etc.

Then Display in 3D and use the "Delete Surface Tool" to remove all surfaces that are not a part of the sidelight.  Once that's done, you can convert it to a "Window Symbol", and add it to your user Library.

It's a lot of work for something that should have been provided by CA for these Symbols.

For anyone interested in using the Simpson Door Company sidelights, I am told the issue will be reported (and I assume corrected), but in the meantime I was told that

...you can address the issue for any sidelight by opening a sidelight's specification dialog and specifying it as a Hinged door; resizing it as needed; and removing the hardware. If you want, you can add the resulting customized door to the User Catalog for future use (just bear in mind that when placed, the door will draw open.)

This does appear to work although in plan the sidelight is located inline with the door itself.

• 10 months later...