storm doors

Ronniego

placing a 2nd door next to the existing Ext. door , then use the CTRL Key to drag the 2nd door over the Existing Door works, probably best to setup the 2nd Door's Specs in DBX 1st , as selection of each one will be harder after overlaying them.

M.

• Upvote 1

I don't recall where this came from, but it was on my back-up machine that has X6. I upgraded my computer and did not migrate from it.

Nice Jim,  thanks.  However I never need one here in  SOCAL,  

placing a 2nd door next to the existing Ext. door , then use the CTRL Key to drag the 2nd door over the Existing Door works, probably best to setup the 2nd Door's Specs in DBX 1st , as selection of each one will be harder after overlaying them.

M.

Nice tip Mick.

Which got me to thinking.....  how about a double action door....  of course in the door dbx you can spec double swing...  now you can also spec to show the door open in 3d....  now the question is,  it's double swinging,  it is shown open in 3d,   but you want it to swing in the opposite direction in 3d,  can you do it?  Yes,  jiggle it and gaggle it and you can have the door swing out instead of in in a 3d view.........

Mick,  your tip just got me playing with options,  thanks.

The double swing never looked right to me , so while trying two doors with there frames 1/2 the width of the wall each I found I didn't need to get fancy CA melded them together  no problem, and still let me have both doors. I think last time I might have just done a copy in place and reversed the swing side of the copy and changed the door type, but not at computer now to verify that.

M.