Clipped Corner Cabinet NOT Clipped

Adam_Gibson

Rather, I cannot get them to stay clipped if another cabinet touches or is close to its side. As it's common to clip a deeper depth cabinet when placing a sink or cooktop in a deeper cabinet (27"), what do y'all do in this circumstance? 

post-286-0-04028700-1436555299_thumb.jpg

post-286-0-21472000-1436555309_thumb.jpg

There is a custom counter top. The cabinet still doesn't clip when another one touches it.

oh.....  sorry Mick,   I am going against my new tenet,  post the plan Adam........  the cabinet will not clip itself,  you have to clip the cabinet yourself.  Cabinets do not clip themselves.

Jon has it pretty much- Place a 21 deep cabinet next to a 24 with a 3" clip and the clip goes away. You can change either the clip depth or the cabinet depth by 1/16" and the clip returns.

OTOH-If you need to place 24" deep clipped cabinets on each side of a range you will get the clip next to the range where it is unwanted.

To remove clip on the range side add a 1/16" wide by 24" deep cabinet between the range and the clipped cabinet to make the clip dissappear- of course that mucks up your dimension and the schedule. I have yet to find a work around for the dimension issue.

post-85-0-83878700-1436562091_thumb.png

oh.....  sorry Mick,   I am going against my new tenet,  post the plan Adam........  the cabinet will not clip itself,  you have to clip the cabinet yourself.  Cabinets do not clip themselves.

:)   by now you would think it was standard practice, there are just too many things (DBX's) to check .....

My, you are Really Optimistic Jon  :) 

"X8 Beta should coincide with the UGM in September'  I'll keep my fingers crossed that all anomalies within CA get fixed in X8".

:)   by now you would think it was standard practice, there are just too many things (DBX's) to check .....

My, you are Really Optimistic Jon  :)

"X8 Beta should coincide with the UGM in September'  I'll keep my fingers crossed that all anomalies within CA get fixed in X8".

I don't know how Chief would fix everything you want. but you can hope.

• 8 months later...

Yeah still there. They did fix the toe kick on the clips though :)

and I'll take what they did to cabinet sides over fixing this 10 days out of 7.

OTOH I discovered a much easier fix.

-shift select the cabinet and block it-the clips will be persistent.

You can block the cabinet with clips, block then tab the block to open it and add clips-doesn't matter if a cabinet is already next to it or not- the clips will show up (on all 4 corners though)

It does not solve the issue of having clips on one side with a range on the other but hey...can't always get what you want.

post-85-0-36215600-1459890158_thumb.jpg