Oval gable vents have rect. hole in wall.

mcrump

OK, I think I know what's happening.

Open the dbx and under Materials make the "Wall" the same material as the Wall that you inserted the Vent into.  It should be automatic but you might have a Wall Type with a "Transparent" outer layer.  This Symbol is a "Window" and Windows always cut rectangular openings.  In order to fill the space where non-rectangular openings are created Chief fills the gap with the Wall Finish Material.

When ever I use an oval shape gable vent from the Chief Library, the cutout has square edges that show up in rendered views.  This is annoying.  Is there a work around for this?

I assume you are using a SYMBOL FROM LIBRARY and you are not using a WINDOW/LOUVER.  If you use the WINDOW/LOUVER I do not believe this is a problem,  see pic.

If you use a LOUVER VENT SYMBOL FROM LIBRARY ,  I am assuming this is where the problem is.

The work around?  Use a WINDOW,  select LOUVER  (not fixed glass),  and all is well.

post-50-0-06771900-1436542142_thumb.png

Thanks Scott.  So why in the heck would the Chief Gods put something that works so poorly in the library is beyond me.

I don't know why they are in the library.  I am not sure if there is an advantage to using the CA library symbols over the WINDOW/LOUVER VENT.