Merging multiple plans

mrscott

First, I apologize if this has been answered but I can't seem to locate via search.

I have a terrain plan file and need to add, copy or import several separate buildings constructed in separate plan files. Can someone advise how best to accomplish this task?

Thanks Guru's!

I usually turn the buildings into symbols (you may want to turn off interior items to reduce the size of the model) then bring it into the terrain plan and position as required.  I would not add the symbol to your library - they can be huge.

This is a carriage house w/ a symbol of the existing house in the background.

post-501-0-73479100-1436446158_thumb.jpg

Scott,

Display a Plan in 3D - with the interiors (including interior walls, cabinets, appliances, etc) turned off.  Then convert to Symbol as "Exterior Furniture".

Charlie says not to include in the Library - but I don't have a problem with doing that since it makes the symbol more readily available.

When placed in your Terrain they will sit on the ground - but you may need to adjust for the foundations.

• 2 years later...

No I don't believe so as it would be in the same menu location if it was available.  Tools > Symbol > Convert to Symbol.

Here is the HD Knowledge Base : https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/database.html

It does look like you can import symbols so you could see if someone here would be willing to create one for you from your file.