Bump maps

Designer1

I have seen over the years adding bump maps to textures makes them more realistic looking in raytraces.  Does chief have bump maps in the libraries somewhere or do you have to make them yourself?  If you do it yourself, does anyone have any experience making them?

Thanks,

Chad

Jon, thanks for the reply.  Do you have any advice on how to create bump maps in a third party software to get good results?  Lets say for a grass texture?  I haven't had to make one before so, Id like to get your advice on this since you have experience doing this. 

Thanks!

Thanks Jon and Jintu!  Jon, I will check that process out and give it a try.

Jintu, your right that program looks great.  Is it something you download or just upload a picture?  It says donate, so I wasnt sure if its freeware or?  Looks very interesting at the very least!

Jintu,  I know we have talked a lot in the past about rendering settings etc...do you use a third party software to do textures like the one you posted with the link or do you use a completely different program like artlantis or something like that to do renderings with better textures?  I noticed on your website you have lot of renderings with more realistic grass textures, did you use chief or import specialized textures you made?  This whole grass things has me stumped.  Everything else textures in chief you can improve the look to make it appear realistic whether trees, marble, wood floors but grasses seem to be lacking a realistic look.

Thanks!

D, Just upload a picture, I tried looking if I could download the program to no avail. You may or you may not donate, it's free. I have not used it extensibly so don't know if there is a limit.

I found the site by googling "free bumpmap generator".

I used max-vray and Forest Pack by Itoo for realistic grass and plants. Chief's grass is plain texture, Applying bumps may not yield good results.

The best solution for now is find a wider grass texture.

Jintu, very interesting suggestions, I really like that.   I never thought about rendering the house and then taking the rendering into photoshop.  I will mull over some of these new ideas, thanks so much for sharing.  It would be nice if chief could learn some of the ways revit/3d max has their renderings software and implemented that into chief, it would definitely save everyone time.

Thanks again!

Does anyone know how to access or export a chief texture so you can adjust or make a bump map in a third party software? I tried accessing the grass texture but can't seem to export it. I know how to get materials imported to become textures but exporting the chief grass textures I can't seem to figure out.

Thanks for any help!