Truss calcs in PostScript format

dshall

Why do people change the methods?  I finally get comfortable with a method and then they change the method.

The latest.....

In the past I  would get my truss calcs in PDF format,  3 different files (approval letter,  truss calcs,  boiler plate details),  so I would open all three files,  convert into 1 file,  print to pdf,  send to print shop all was well.

Now I get the the same 3 files but the ACTUAL TRUSS CALCS are in a postscript format that for some reason I cannot combine with other 2 files and thus print to PDF.

Anybody know what I am talking about and do you have a solution.

Why do people change the methods?  I finally get comfortable with a method and then they change the method.

The latest.....

In the past I  would get my truss calcs in PDF format,  3 different files (approval letter,  truss calcs,  boiler plate details),  so I would open all three files,  convert into 1 file,  print to pdf,  send to print shop all was well.

Now I get the the same 3 files but the ACTUAL TRUSS CALCS are in a postscript format that for some reason I cannot combine with other 2 files and thus print to PDF.

Anybody know what I am talking about and do you have a solution.

Can you ask your truss guy to send the files in PDF? that's the only way I've ever gotten them - sounds like he sent them in Postscript by mistake.

No can open

You are correct,  it cannot be converted to a pdf format...  so I am back to where I was.  

Can the truss company send it to me in PDF format?  I don't know,  but when I called the truss company they said yes,  everybody else is having problems opening it.

Why do I spend so much time trying to figure out some new system that some other company has decided to switch to.

Here is the latest,  typically I have 10 numerals describing an APN,  I went to google earth pro,  how many digits did I get?  9 digits.  So I plug those nine digits into the county website and they can not find the parcel.

APN 959040015   what do you think the real number is?

Here is the latest,  typically I have 10 numerals describing an APN,  I went to google earth pro,  how many digits did I get?  9 digits.  So I plug those nine digits into the county website and they can not find the parcel.

APN 959040015   what do you think the real number is?

Check parcels next door and see if you can get any 10 digit number that should get you the proper Parcel Map and you can get the number by coordinating with goog maps