Use textures turned itself off

Dennis_Gavin

I was looking at a file I had worked on prior to the holiday.  Playing around with some modifications and was in the technical options dbx trying to get my quartz top less blurry in watercolor settings.  Somehow all of a sudden I lost all my textures.  Was totally confused. opened another plan and things were OK.  Opened an archive of the same plan and textures were gone.  Opened a different plan and textures were gone.  Went into preferences and under the render settings the use textures in preview was unchecked!  Now, how the heck did that happen????

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Glenn - didn't know there was  a hot key for toggle textures and don't even see the toolbar for that on my desktop.

I was in the technical options dbx when it happened.  There was a kind of blink/flutter of the screen and then all I saw was colors in my render view, no textures.  IT freaked me out initially but I thought to check preferences and noticed that use textures in preview was unchecked.  WEIRD!  All is fine now but I thought I would check on CT and see if anyone ever had that happen OR post it in case it happened to someone in the future and thought maybe they would remember to check preferences. 

Dennis,

I have never seen that.

Can you reproduce it?

I assume you were in the Rendering Technique Optins dbx on the Watercolor panel?

The only other thing I can thing of is that you toggled into another rendering mode.

That is normally done by selecting the mode (or panel) with the mouse.

BUT...this can be easily done by hitting the first letter of the various modes - V for vector view, D for Duotone, etc.

It can also be done by using the up and down arrow keys. 

Changing to that panel changes the mode and redraws the screen.

But that doesn't explain why the preference was changed.