Exporting Floor Plan as Picture in High Quality

Rosco2017

How do I export my floor plan as a high quality picture to put onto Facebook? I want to export this screen... post-58-0-89061000-1436120418_thumb.jpg When I click "Export" and then select "Export Picture" This dialogue box pops up...post-58-0-80074300-1436120509_thumb.jpg and it doesn't give me the option to make the photo a higher quality... What the heck am I doing wrong?

Higher quality or bigger size?   the quality is in the Resolution you use  ,72PPI is basic web images  for fast downloading on website etc. use 300 or 600 instead perhaps

if you want to change the size , you need to use an orthographic TOP View , then you will get the other options too, ie resizing the image.

are you sure Facebook is uploading it at original resolution? or do they downsample automatically , like OneDrive does with my phone photos? ...sorry I don't FB , so am unsure what you are trying to do exactly.

How do I export my floor plan as a high quality picture to put onto Facebook? I want to export this screen... attachicon.gifChief 1.JPG When I click "Export" and then select "Export Picture" This dialogue box pops up...attachicon.gifChief 2.JPG and it doesn't give me the option to make the photo a higher quality... What the heck am I doing wrong?

Try to export it to metafile then open it in Microsoft office picture viewer and export it there to jpeg. It works I hope, though not sure.

FYI, Facebook will degrade the image to 1280x??? @72dpi.  There's no getting around it.  That said, export without labels as a 300dpi *.tif or *.bmp (lossless) then create presentation plans (adding labels) in whatever bitmap editor of your choice (e.g., Photoshop), then save as *.jpg.  You will get better, readable results with this method.

jon

So , I was right about FB downgrading images.... , not surprised most websites / forums do it to save Bandwidth.... 72dpi is the Web / Email standard , so I am not surprised that is CA's default either, though I have not tried the new High DPI output that Chief now allows , resizing is only allowed in 3D views though.

M.  

• 5 months later...

How do I export my floor plan as a high quality picture to put onto Facebook? I want to export this screen... attachicon.gifChief 1.JPG When I click "Export" and then select "Export Picture" This dialogue box pops up...attachicon.gifChief 2.JPG and it doesn't give me the option to make the photo a higher quality... What the heck am I doing wrong?

Hi All,

I don't have answers, just more questions :). I am working in Chief X5 and when I export to picture, there is no dialogue box that asks me what size (px) I want the picture to be. Was that feature added after X5?

I would like to export the plan view to a jpg that is high quality and 1600x1200 px. Does anybody have a good way to do this in X5? I am trying what Yusuf said, below, but I am new to picture terminology. I don't know what width, height (inches) and DPI to input for what I need.

Try to export it to metafile then open it in Microsoft office picture viewer and export it there to jpeg. It works I hope, though not sure.

Thanks to anybody who can help!