Garage Curb?

Paramount

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I don't get it, too many places to change foundation settings that can overlap. I attached my plan. I'm using a mono-slab on grade w/footings.Garage areas wants to be different and weird! 

I do want to add stone veneer siding pony-partial wall to my front exterior of around 3-4 feet high, both garages and entry way frontal areas. I have not figured out how to do that yet cause I'm a noober! :)

post-5962-0-49593900-1435958199_thumb.jpg

post-5962-0-34182000-1435958217_thumb.jpg

Genesis_Front Porch Test_2.plan

• Solution

Terry,

Your garage has a 8" wide stem walls.

Your house has 12" wide stem walls.

Both footings are 12" wide, "Center Footing on Main Layer".

You need to change this to "Align Footing on Outside".

Just delete the footings around the Porch if you don't want them.

Chief builds the footing between an internal and an external (Porch) room, so if you are doing an auto foundation, rename the Porch to Unspecified or an internal room name.

The footing around the Porch would be the correct behaviour as there is usually a step down to a Porch for waterproofing.

post-106-0-15339100-1435968707_thumb.jpg

Yep I found the same issues as Glenn , though I see 24" wide stem walls on the house and I think your footing width and height are backwards, unless you need ground beams?  at least here a footing would be 24" wide and 12" tall  not the other way around. 

post-315-0-70349600-1435970798_thumb.jpg   normal here post-315-0-96902800-1435970811_thumb.jpg

I doctored your Beadboard will I was at it and added the pony walls with the Wall's pony wall checkbox...brick is default BTW.

there is something in your plan that is making Chief crawl speed wise , not sure if you have a bad symbol or what? , for a 5mb plan it is very slow....even in 2D

Genesis_Front Porch Test_R1.plan

Mick, yes, I did notice the slowness.

Terry,

The slowness with the plan is caused by the Custom fill you are using in some of your wall definitions.

Get rid of the custom fill and change it to a Solid fill and things speed up.

Nice catch Glenn , that is funny actually , I noticed something weird on the 45deg. walls in the front entry but thought either my eyes had had enough for the day or Chief was once again proving it doesn't like angled lines , so I decided I'd had enough for the Day :)  , zooming in I can see all the "squiggles" in the fill.

swapping both  the MGO walls to a solid yellow fill does fix it as noted....