Cantilever over porch

kn8hansen

Go to solution Solved by DRAWZILLA,

Hi all,

When I try to lower the ceiling height on the porch that has a cantilever above it, the floor in the cantilevered room comes down as well.  Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?  Plan attached for reference.  

Also, this is my first time attaching a plan.  I did the "Backup entire plan" option in Chief Architect and this got me a folder with 23MB of files in it.  Is this the best way to do it or is there a better way that'll shrink the file size down?

Thanks in advance!

Nate

Just attach the plan is ok for this problem, and no plan attached. To take a stab at it, is your auto framing all turned on? Try to reset the floor height above to what you want and it should be correct then, by lowering the ceiling below you are also lowering the 2nd floor height. Try to make a habit of working from the top floor down in Chief, just the opposite of what you might think

I've got the RCH in the 2nd-story cantilevered room set at 8' and the RCH of the main level set at 9'.  It seems that whenever I change the cantilevered room, it changes the porch and vice-versa.  I'm looking for a lower ceiling on the porch than in the house while still keeping the exposed porch beams.

I was wondering what issue Scott , looking at your images , but realise that is the fixed version , now I opened the plan... , nice catch BTW.

Ohh and P. I think you still have a Booboo

attachicon.gifBooBoo1.JPG

For that, just adjust the floor structure, "opening-no material" to reduce that space by a few inches so they will line up.

I didn't play with it my self much yest.   the porch has no ceiling structure (eg 2x6) and I was surprised to see the floor structure includes 22" TJI's .. , I was think just use a Custon Ceiling plan actually.

M.