The black render mystery....

dshall

My buddy builds a house,  uses a camera view and there is not light.....  the walls are black,  see picture.  He saves plan,  sends it to me,  I look at it and the walls are not black,  they look as they should.

He tries with another OOB plan,  same problem.  He tries same thing on his second  computer,  same problem  (both computers are using the same CA license).

Why is he seeing black walls. It could not be a default setting because I am not seeing problem, I do not think it could be a preference setting because I do not know of a preference setting that would cause this.  It is not a plan setting because it also occurs with oob plans.

It happens on his two computers,  not my computer,  does anybody have an idea to the cause?  Could it be both of his  computers are screwed up?

Plan and pics attached.

Black wall pic is render,  blue wall pic is vector

Scott's black render.plan

post-50-0-09331000-1435937991_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-88712200-1435938037_thumb.jpg

Maybe both of his computers have an older video card, looks like a video card problem to me. Also maybe he has older ATI cards, tell him to try turning off the "Hardware edge smoothing in the Preferences/ render DBX. Sometimes that works.

• Upvote 1

tell him to Try ATI direct ( or Nvidia unless both comps are ATI Radeons) , not windows Update ...they NEVER have the latest and not always the best either  

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop

actually not sure it is a desktop but try this link , if he is computer tech illiterate try the AutoDetect way 1st.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

• Upvote 1

great , same videocard on both computers ?

tell him to never rely on M$ for driver updates ,go straight to Device Manufacturer everytime for vid. ,sound, network,wifi  etc , esp. with Notebooks , a lot of Laptop Manf. never update there websites either once Comp has gone to market.

M.