Ceiling elev above stairs not same as the rest of the second floor clg.

para-CAD

Okay. I broke it.

Being new to chief and being swamped with work it Is never a good combination. I have a client who wants to experiment with a very small spec home.

Everything was working perfectly up until somewhere around revision C for D. Then I noticed that the ceiling above the stairwell appears to be about an inch higher than the rest of the second floor ceilings. I have no idea what I did or what setting I may have selected to cause this to happen. But now that it's present, whenever I try to auto roof things go wrong.

Maybe someone here has seen this before and can steer me in the right direction. Thank you so much in advance.

--

Mike from Kingston , WA

looks like you played with the ceiling structure on the 1st floor ?  you have a non default ceilings at 11 1/4 " in most Rooms , I set those back to default after setting the stairwell as a bedroom ,temporarily, instead of open below and it seems to have sorted itself out and I can now access all the floor structure heights etc in the DBX's.

*** I may have played with another setting before doing this so YMMV

So thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I went through all dialog boxes and found that the Open Below space over the stairs had 11 7/8 inch I joists selected rather than 2 x 12 for the floor system.

Now I'll now to check those defaults more closely before starting!!!

Thanks again!