Increasing texture size

Larry_Sweeney

I downloaded a flagstone texture and it turned out way to small in scale. I went into my "Define Material", "Texture" and my scales settings were set to 20" in the X & Y. I kept increasing the X/Y scale up through 96" and they were still to small. I went  and changed the scale to an even larger number and the scale showed change on the "teapot" in the dbx. window, but the scale did not change beyond the 96" scale in my render view. Will the scale only encrease a certain percentage from the original scale? If this is the case why does it keep showing an encrease size when the scale is encreased in the "Texture Window" in the Define Material dbx?

As you can see from the attachment there is no distortation in the flagstone. The flagstone "texture size" hasn't change since the X/Y scale was at 96". I have it set at 168" in the Define Material dbx. now ,but there has been no change in render view.

post-76-0-39605100-1435874033_thumb.jpg

Larry:

It should work for you.  Did you make a copy of the material (with new name) before you changed the size of the material?  If not, try that and hopefully it will work for you.  Make sure you OK it in the dbx rather than just closing the dbx when done.

Curt.....The first thing I did was to make a copy.

Gram....For the pattern I have it set as area. With this pattern the scale is greyed out.

post-76-0-27235300-1435928135_thumb.jpg  This is the actual jpg. I downloaded for the material. Maybe someone else might try enlarging it and see if they get the same results. I'm going through the whole "materis loading" process and see if I get a different result.

Thanks to all for your time and advice.

Robert...............Yes, its working correctly now for me also----now. I reloaded the material off the site and started changing the texture scale. The first time I started changing my texture scale I only made a copy of the texture one time and used that copy to play with the scale. The second time, I made a copy of the texture on every scale change and it acted appropriately. I guess this was what Curt was telling me to do. Whatever------------at least I got the scale to where I like it. Thanks to all and have a great day.

post-76-0-29419700-1435930683_thumb.jpg