Mansard Roof

builtright3

I have attached this plan and I need to put a mansard roof on it just like the attached pictures in drop box.

Does anyone have a couple of minutes to maybe give me some instruction or do a video? I'm under a time crunch and Its not working right for me right know. I posted the plan so hopefully it works.

www.dropbox.com/sh/rli5vp0zwpd4unx/AAAW6z12P3gmSrAfKYOi8bTAa?dl=0

Lumsden Origional.plan

Hi Joey , it's not perfect but a lot better than it was, good brain exercise for sure, who needs Luminosity... I have CT :)

The garage foundation was 3 feet down the drive from the wall , hence the roof on the driveway , and I had to reset your room heights to make it work , so don't know that it is as it should be ..... and I think you built the whole 2nd storey ,even over the garage auto right? I broke those walls to let the roof built off the 1st floor wall plates too.

I'm also thinking a rubber ducky in the Pool maybe more appropriate :)

post-315-0-17740400-1435804788_thumb.jpgpost-315-0-86092900-1435804778_thumb.jpg

Lumsden Original_R1_Fix.plan

Hi Joey , it's not perfect but a lot better than it was, good brain exercise for sure, who needs Luminosity... I have CT :)

The garage foundation was 3 feet down the drive from the wall , hence the roof on the driveway , and I had to reset your room heights to make it work , so don't know that it is as it should be ..... and I think you built the whole 2nd storey ,even over the garage auto right? I broke those walls to let the roof built off the 1st floor wall plates too.

I'm also thinking a rubber ducky in the Pool maybe more appropriate :)

attachicon.gifMansard2.JPGattachicon.gifMansard1.JPG

attachicon.gifLumsden Original_R1_Fix.plan

I tried to get paid extra for the boat in the pool but they didn't buy it.

I tried to get paid extra for the boat in the pool but they didn't buy it.

As Mick would say, that boat in the pool was the biggest boulder to crush in this model, so ..... Just kidding, nice job Mick man, well done it.

the garage popout room roof is lower than the garage roof , and garage is lower than main house ...in the photos ...

so what are you trying to do?

Not sure what you mean by pop out? The garage doesn't have a pop out room but the room over the garage has one. Also if you noticed the porch area next to the garage has an exterior wall temporarily until the roof is done and then I change it to railing walls

I meant the room over the garage, popping up thru the roof , it's roof is lower than main garage/entry roof.

I'll download plan when back in the Office soon but still not clear on your issue.

M.

Good :)  cos it looks pretty much like the photos I saw , except the room above the garage roof needs lowering , but I don't see any railings...

if you went in from baseline another 2-3" ? with the Mansard setting it would look closer  I think, looks a bit short now, on the main house.

M.