Lenovo y470, switchable graphic Intel and AMD Radeon HD 7690, SEH error

SonNguyen

Hi all,

So basically, I tried the trial version of chief x7. The installation went smooth, but then I couldn't start the software. It always give me the error " "A serious error occurred (SEH). Please contact Chief Architect Technical Support with steps to reproduce."

I researched and read all the support, and for sure that the problem is due to my graphic card (Lenovo y470, switchable graphic Intel and  AMD Radeon HD 7690). I already tried to find another driver, switched to different mode Intel, or AMD, power saving or high performance...

It still couldn't start the program...

If anyone know a fix, please let me know, otherwise I think it is time to invest to another laptop

Thanks all! 

I'm not convinced that the issue is the graphics card. While we do a small check of the graphics on launch that should normally not cause a crash. You should call our support team though as they can walk you through a number of trouble shooting steps to help diagnose just what might be the cause.

There are several things that occur on startup that could potentially lead to a crash on launch. A corrupt install is a possibility. Other hardware not working correctly is also a possibility. I don't see anything about that hardware that jumps out as being incompatible. We have worked hard to make sure we work with Intel integrated graphics. Although from time to time we do encounter cases where older hardware/driver combinations don't work. Usually this doesn't result in a crash on launch.

Contact our support team and they will work hard to get you up and running. Usually new hardware isn't necessary, but occasionally we do run into hardware/driver combinations that are simply so bad that we cannot make it work. This is the rare case though.

I have a Lenovo similar to yours with an NVIDIA card; I went into the NVIDIA control panel and added Chief Architect as a program to default to the NVIDIA card.  The laptop does not always switch as you might think it would, so telling it to use a specific card may solve your problem.  If not, please contact our support group.