Deck in Roof

AbeLopez

That would be a "Balcony", not a "Deck" which can not be above any other rooms.  It must be on a Floor below the Attic.  So you need to have an actual Floor at that level and extend walls around it - even if they are just half walls or railing walls. 

Joe is right about the Chief approach he gives. Some call these "inset decks" but you can't do that with Chief. BTW, they are a pain to get right so they don't leak and/or fill with debris (leaves and sticks especially). I have done some of these and always try and make the client aware of what "might" happen if they don't keep them clean or live in snow country. The internet is filled with those who have built many and discourage anyone from building them. My opinion - and that's what it's worth.

Mike

(edit) - What I mean is you can't call it a "deck" as a room definition in Chief. You can certainly create it in Chief with a little effort.

I just did a deck over a roof and not easy since CA will not allow a room over a roof plane.  Existing conditions, so I had to model it as is. Done with a separate deck model that is turned int a symbol and brought in over the roof.

post-501-0-37380100-1435881993_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Yes, it is technical with white for the warm color and grey for the cool color and a light line weight and then I toggle off the color.  Looks great, but it can be a little slower in 3D.