Cad

pazzfam

Hi

I have taken DHall advise and started experimenting with wall layer to create a  monolithic  foundation and show all the steel ect. which is all cad I am  not going to cad detail trying to keep foundation attached to main house. Problem you have to constantly keep using the tab key to get to my cad lines ect and not select whole wall and doors .  Am I missing something I seem to remember back in an old version of chief you would hit a icon to switch to cad mode so I would only be selecting cad  is there a way to do that in these new versions

Thanks in advance

Adam

I wish it could but all vertical bars are the x have to show where everything goes doors windows The building departments expect it. The problem I go to foundation turn off all layers except main when I am adding cad to the main walls they do not snap because they are not cad. It works well when I convert the whole floor plan to a cad detail I can go pretty quick. It  is better to be attached for changes. This barn I was drawing 249 ft was completely done when owner realized he needed to take 5 feet off it changed everything on plan 6 inch form each stall ect. I am changing whole plan (getting paid) but I give huge discount       

• 5 years later...
On 7/1/2015 at 5:11 PM, pazzfam said:

Locking the wall normal worked great Thank You

Thank you, (maybe a 5yr old thread but helped me a lot today) I was having the same issue, placing dowels in the wall.  I went from v9.54 to X11.  Lot of nice new stuff, but miss a lot of old stuff.

Now hopefully I will remember later that it's locked and not wonder why I can't move my walls. LOL

you know it is funny reading this thread I was doing everything in cad This thread had helped me more than anything with the program. I did not even know you could turn off and on wall layers I would go to cad detail windows and have to zoom in just to make sure every measurement was on the main layer OMG  Still learning