Porch Roof

mountaineer

Every time I auto build a porch roof it changes the pitch at the railing beam header and slopes down over my porch beam.  I can fix it manually but then I can't use the gable line tool?  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  10/12 ranch roof with 4/12 porch roof.  I just want a straight shed not the extra 10/12 pitch overhang.  It shows as another roof polyline?

Shane,

You need to reduce the height of the Porch roof and then use the Pitch Options to set the Upper Pitch to 10" as per the dbx below (this is the porch railing wall dbx)  - you will need to adjust the values shown as I just did a quickie for demo purposes:

Oh, to get the gable to build, break the railing wall either side of where you want the gable and change that bit of railing back to a single pitch.

Auto rebuild roofs.

I'll post the plan

post-106-0-13885700-1435707964_thumb.jpg

Porch roof plan 2 GLENNS AMENDED.zip

post-106-0-95860300-1435708196_thumb.jpg

Thanks for work around but that's not how we build in the real world. We build houses that have same ceiling heights on porch and in house. Manual roofs I guess. Maybe I will go back to ver 10, bahahahahahahahahaha.  

Draw a sketch of what you mean and post it, the porch roof must have pitch , even if it starts at the same height at the wall as the ceiling joists. 

or I misunderstand what you are wanting...

I messed with that for an hour last night. I would love to see someone do it in the simple plan I posted. Method of building house & porch this way is VERY COMMON. Manual roof plane is fine if that is how we need to do it. Move Base line in and it jumps house roof baseline higher than default "top of wall height".

The floor plan is a work in progress but look at how it changed the pitch on the porch roof?  It goes from 10/12 to 4/12 as it should but then goes back to a 10/12 on the overhang?  I need to put an accent gable on the porch roof but apparently the gable line tool only works with auto build roofs.  I had what I needed manually but couldn't add the gable?

Cruz.plan