Is there an easy sun angle tool yet?

zowie123

Hi,

I can appreciate all the tools we have to get the sun just right, but most of the time I just want some sun in the window for a good render...

I know we can make multiple sun angle and adjust..blah and adjust more blah blah.  But would anyone be against a suggestion for a simple sun angle tool like is used in Sketchup?

Thank you, Cheers and godspeed to you and your planning department?

Barry

46 remodel design/plans since Jan...so yes, any efficiency makes a difference.

I usually just grab the north arrow and spin it and watch the sun angle in plan to get the quick sun angle I want for rendered views. I read in another post (I think a comment from one of the Chief guys) about turning off "use enhanced lighting" in render preferences; that was supposed to make the camera results look like what we used to get in Chief. Tried that, but that gives some weird results.

Mike

Thank you for the suggestions.  After reading all the work-arounds I'm certain we've proven why Apple Computer excluded program engineers from their usability meetings. An amazingly complex system for a simple task.  Chief!  I just want to move a ball around structure that emits light, not program the freaking solar system. 

Thanks again for all your help.  

Cheers! Barry

...we've proven why Apple Computer excluded program engineers from their usability meetings. An amazingly complex system for a simple task. 

...been making this point for a long time and it's time for Chief to change. Keep the genius software programmers designing software. Let the users or some other group design how those tools should be used.

We need some easy to understand and easy to implement interactive tools just like it was 2015. Did I just type easy twice?