Gutters keep reverting back to "Default"

Richard_Morrison

I am trying to put a larger fascia gutter on a house. I unlock the gutter layer and replace the default gutter with the fascia gutter out of the library. When I switch views (like to an elevation view from the plan view), the gutter switches back to the small default gutter. WTF? Is there a trick I'm missing here? Am I going to have to place these all manually with a molding polyline?

Richard,

The gutter keeps rebuilding with the default gutter.

Double click the Build Roof icon to open the Build Roof dbx. 

Go to the Gutter panel and select the molding profile you want as the default gutter.

• Upvote 1

Mick,

He was doing it by selecting the auto molding polyline that holds the gutter molding and then changing the molding. 

That's only good until a rebuildt and then the gutter molding goes back to the default.

I think you may be the only person in the world who completely understands this program. Thanks!

Richard,

If only that were true!!

I have always used the DBX's when available as I see too many screw-ups "painting stuff" from the Library so I guess I am missing something , when trying what I thought was your method, cos if I select the gutter in the library and touch the gutter in a 3D view it becomes the new default , even if I delete the roof it comes back as Fascia gutter not the original Ogee type...

Oh....Glenn just posted above about the gutter polyline while I'm typing this....

You might be the only one who understood what Rich was talking about :) , and I wont argue about your CA knowledge either though :)