DWG import shows 1 page--model space, not successive individual pages?

zowie123

Hi all,

When I view this dwg in a CAD viewer, it shows a model space page and then page 1, 2, 3.  

The model space page is all that shows up in Chief and it isn't formatted properly.

Anyone know how I can get the other pages to show up in Chief?  They are not there when I open project browser.   

I came across the following from the help files, but I'm not sure what it means and I need to translate instructions to the person sending me the DWG....Can anyone tell me how to describe to the exporter what needs to take place so I have a file that looks right in chief?

Thank you, thank you..

Barry 

Model Space vs Paper Space

Only items in AutoCAD's Model Space are imported into the current view in Chief Architect. 

• Items on the first page of Paper Space are imported as a CAD block and will be listed in the CAD Block Management dialog.
  • Items on subsequent pages of Paper Space are not imported.

The ideal scene for dwg files is directly from model space. Such an import is at a scale of 1' = 1'  and directly imports in a useful fashion in Chief. Paper space imports are at a scale intended for a particular paper size which you would have to then know in order to rescale it for use in Chief. Paper space adds a variable that Chief is not natively set up to handle except through secondary steps unless of course one knows what paper size was intended originally. Your best bet is to get model space exports if you can.

DJP

The ideal scene for dwg files is directly from model space. Such an import is at a scale of 1' = 1'  and directly imports in a useful fashion in Chief. Paper space imports are at a scale intended for a particular paper size which you would have to then know in order to rescale it for use in Chief. Paper space adds a variable that Chief is not natively set up to handle except through secondary steps unless of course one knows what paper size was intended originally. Your best bet is to get model space exports if you can.

DJP

Thank you David, 

This explains what I'm seeing.  These detail pages are made up of details that are not the same scale, but formatted to fit a grid.   So what Chief is showing me is the Model space page and not the successive neatly gridded paper space pages.  .  

Both Model space and paper space pages show in my DWG viewer, but only the model space page shows up when I import the DWG into Chief.  

So how do I get Chief to show me the paper space pages as they show up in my CAD viewers.  

BTW, the DWG was exported to 2010 AutoCAD would a 2014 DWG export make a difference.  

Thank you very much for your prior answer and for considering my quandary

Barry