x7 stretch imported jpeg in horiz direction

bernie

is there any way to stretch an imported jpeg into .plan file (not maintain aspect ratio) in say horiz direction?.

when I untick 'maintain aspect ratio' and reopen the jpeg, CA has automatically placed a tick back in the box to 'maintain aspect ratio'.

pretty sure on prior versions x6, x5, x4 of CA I could stretch a jpeg???...(have not checked going from memory...)

yes I can stretch it outside of CA (eg using windows paint program)., but that will not do what I want....

as have a floorplan as jpeg want to deliberately stretch in 1 direction only before trace over the top...

Pretty wonky behavior. The stretch handles are not working correctly. If you adjust the numerical values in the height or width you can get the stretch and squash. Be sure to uncheck the radio button before entering the numbers as it comes back with a vengeance.

Bernie,

You can use the Point to Point Resize tool to do what you want.

Select the picture box.

On the Edit toolbar, look for the Point to Point Resize icon - the double headed arrow.

You can use either vertical or horizontal resizing to stretch the image to the desired size.

The picture boxes work more like a layout box now and I am pretty sure that at least X6 worked this way as well.

x5 and prior i believe the horiz. drag handles (at least) worked differently allowing to scale the jpeg.....

Why they undid this feature is/was  unnecessary. It was quick easy and straightforward..

Not complaining, just saying.

The programming department dropped the ball on a very useful tool.

the corner drag handles still work as the imported jpeg picture maintains aspect ratio, (you actually cannot make it not do this even though there is a tick box to untick - it automagically

ticks itself back on again after you close the dbx :) )

yes it appears you now cannot stretch in x or y direction a jpeg which i did lots....

B

it automagically

ticks itself back on again after you close the dbx :) )

Exactly. You can stretch the image but it retains it's aspect ratio which should not be the case.

It's rather frustrating not being able to stretch a jpeg since the past three releases.

Not complaining...but this is definitely a bug when the box reverts back after you uncheck it.

Thanks Tommy!!

It finally works. It's pretty darn weird having to do it this way, but at least it's functional.

You'd think that pulling on the grab handle alone would have been much much easier.

How on earth did you figure this out?

Thanks Tommy!!

It finally works. It's pretty darn weird having to do it this way, but at least it's functional.

You'd think that pulling on the grab handle alone would have been much much easier.

How on earth did you figure this out?

You're Welcome. Actually, they changed how this works in X6.