Floor plan presentation examples

dshall

36 minutes ago, Rashid_Garuba said:

Need some help... created a black wall type just for these brochure plans so the walls will be black.. They are black until I lower the section cut to under the header heights, then the walls turn this tan color... ?..

2-15-2017 3-07-42 PM.png

2-15-2017 3-08-06 PM.png

Why don't you post a plan so we can study?  You know the rules by now.

If I  were to guess,  the solid black was.....  errrr  I don't know what........  and then when you go below header,  you are looking at a SILL PLATE....  but a great question that we can all learn from if you would post a small plan  with your method.

NOTE.....  you have the STUDS turned off or you have not built wall framing.

Crap,   why am I guessing at this nonsense....   come on Rashid,  post a plan so this thread is only 4 posts long. 

2 hours ago, MPDesign said:

Rashid,

Make your concrete floor on foundation level 0. mixed with a black color.

or like Scott said build your framing to get sill plate. paint that black.

Painting the slab black might be the solution.  No point in building the framing because the wall definition does  not include framing.

This is a perfect example that if the plan is not posted,  I will not try to guess what the issue is.  I would of never guessed that Rashid built his walls without framing.

Come on guys,  post plans please.

Picture attached is Michael's suggestion of a black slab..... not a bad solution......  

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 4.32.22 AM.png

3 hours ago, dshall said:

Painting the slab black might be the solution.  No point in building the framing because the wall definition does  not include framing.

This is a perfect example that if the plan is not posted,  I will not try to guess what the issue is.  I would of never guessed that Rashid built his walls without framing.

Come on guys,  post plans please.

Picture attached is Michael's suggestion of a black slab..... not a bad solution......  

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 4.32.22 AM.png

You'll probably need to go to garage after you change that slab color and address the floor in there.  Just select the garage room, make room polyline, convert polyline to material region, and then set the material to a very thin concrete material. 

11 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You'll probably need to go to garage after you change that slab color and address the floor in there.  Just select the garage room, make room polyline, convert polyline to material region, and then set the material to a very thin concrete material. 

Good call.....  however there are many more and better methods to handle this...  i.e.  use black wall framing members.......

7 minutes ago, dshall said:

Good call.....  however there are many more and better methods to handle this...  i.e.  use black wall framing members.......

That's debatable.  You could simply copy and change the material type for that black material to framing and then turn on auto framing but then you have to deal with extra lines caused by the studs if you want to use line drawing.  Plus, you get the finish floor showing at all the door jamb cutaways.  Given only those 2 choices...in this case I'm thinking a black slab might actually be the better solution.

Probably the best and most utterly genius solution???  Change those walls to pony walls, assign the exact same wall type to the lower wall and just make the lower wall super short (even 1/16" should do it).  Walla...your wall is always black no matter where you cut it.

• 2 weeks later...

I experimented with color floor plans using the room specification fill style.  It works reasonably well as a color filled plan without having to use rendering views, its just a plain floor plan with color fill to the floors.  The only part I couldn't fill is the door thresholds.  The solid black walls were created with a black fill in the wall type definition main layer.

Karaka_04.zip

color floor plan.png