Floor plan presentation examples

dshall

Hey guys,  a request.......

Would you guys mind posting images of some of your floor plan presentation drawings.  I am talking about a top down view of a floor plan,  probably using the cross section slider to show door openings and windows.

I do not do these top down floor plan presentation drawings but I have a feeling with a new client of mine,  I may need to be required to do them.

I do not care if they are watercolor or paint or technical illustration,  whatever you guys think is the best way to present a floor plan.....   with or without color.....  with or without shadows........  with or with textures.......  whatever you guys think is the best way to show a floor plan.

In the past some of you  guys have posted some really neat stuff....  I would like to see them again.  

Also,  if you have time,  maybe make a comment or two on how CA may improve your ability to enhance the presentation plans.  Maybe you want to add text to these plans or dimensions....  how do you do it now and how may CA improve their program to help you with the presentation.  CA is working on Vx8,  so any comments you may have may not get in the new version,  but any recommendation you may make might make it in vx9.

Thanks for your time on  this,  I really appreciate the effort.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, joey_martin said:

I like to keep them a little simplistic, and easy to read. I have an Anno & Layer Set for "Presentation Plan View" so with a couple clicks I can easily get these out and to a client or onto my Facebook page.

Caroline Main Floor.jpg

Caroline Upper Floor.jpg

Caroline Front Sketch.jpg

14th St Sketch.jpg

First Floor 14th.jpg

Second Floor 14th.jpg

Nice guys, I like the blue windows.

30 minutes ago, jcaffee said:

Here you go.  Yes, Photoshop was involved.

20170118 Rt 133 Study 44 Study Top 3D.png

VERY nice Jon... The Perspective may be slightly confusing for my purpose. Anyone know how to lower the Cut plane in an Orthogonal Floor Overview (like Lew's but need to see the door openings)..?? Playing with Scene Clipping to see if it helps..

20 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:
  • 3D>Create Orthographic View>Orthographic ___ Overview
  • 3D>View Direction>Top View
  • 3D>Camera View Options>Cross Section Slider

Michael,

With the OOB settings how do you get Cross Section Slider to work in an Orthographic view (which defaults to a vector view) - perspective views default to render (standard) views and orthographic views default to vector. These can be changed in the defaults though.

Cross Section Slider doesn't work in a vector view - only in a render (standard) view.

To get the doors to display the openings in a vector view, I usually temporarily drop the ceiling height to just below the door height.

2 minutes ago, glennw said:

Michael,

With the OOB settings how do you get Cross Section Slider to work in an Orthographic view (which defaults to a vector view).

Cross Section Slider doesn't work in a vector view - only in a render (standard) view.

To get the doors to display the openings in a vector view, I usually temporarily drop the ceiling height to just below the door height.

Glenn,

Noticed the same... Fortunately didn't need to use the Vector view. Use a watercolor with lines overlaid.

26 minutes ago, glennw said:

Michael,

With the OOB settings how do you get Cross Section Slider to work in an Orthographic view (which defaults to a vector view).

Cross Section Slider doesn't work in a vector view.

As you pointed out, it doesn't work with a vector view.  You have to use a different rendering type.  If I need a vector view like that, one thing I've done is convert the whole house to a symbol, flip the symbol on it's side, and then use a normal section view. This gives you the ability to add text and other notations as well but it's no longer live.

You can also do as Rashid suggested and use a watercolor with line drawing on top.  If you turn all the settings down to their absolute minimum settings and toggle textures OFF, you dang near have a vector view. 

Text and notations for orthographic overviews can be added in layout, can be added by overlapping views, can be added in a photo editor, can be added in a PDF editor, or using any number of other methods. 

16 minutes ago, glennw said:
  • 3D>Create Orthographic View>Orthographic ___ Overview
  • 3D>View Direction>Top View
  • 3D>Camera View Options>Cross Section Slider

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You have to use a different view type

Ahh, yes, you missed that step in your post - you can only use the cross section slider in a standard view.

7 hours ago, joey_martin said:

I like to keep them a little simplistic, and easy to read. I have an Anno & Layer Set for "Presentation Plan View" so with a couple clicks I can easily get these out and to a client or onto my Facebook page.

Im with Joey, I like to keep it simple and clean. IMO rendered ones are too busy and distracting, let the interior render views sell the colours/finishes.

Capture.JPG

9 minutes ago, glennw said:

Ahh, yes, you missed that step in your post - you can only use the cross section slider in a standard view.

Sorry,  I didn't mean to say you have to use a different view type.  You have to use a different rendering type, my bad...I corrected my post to reflect that.  And I didn't mention that step because I figured it was a no-brainer.  Michael's example that prompted the question was done in the standard rendering technique. 

Agreed with some of the above posts that keep it simple early on-

I don't ever send color views until all of the design layout is dialed.

Clients have a tendency to get too caught up on things like tile and flooring and loose focus on the overall scope.

A simple dollhouse view and some interior vector views along with the floor plans, such as attached below, work well to get the point across and are great for redline work during client meetings.

DuVALLE REMODEL 2ND IDEA 01-28-17.pdf

William.. Yes it is and the Turbulence was the issue. Now that's fine. Do you know a way to brighten this view without the Sun which now looks like a lamp above? Reducing the Sun intensity helps but darkens it too much. Hope I don't have to install several lights as in the Breckenridge file.

Thanks.

2-10-2017 10-34-33 AM.png