Table of Contents; is there a better way?

ACADuser

Well it is counter productive to use text tables when the built in feature keeps the table up to date
when the sheet title & description are changed or the sheets are re-ordered.

BUT, why can't we have larger and bold font for Title & header lines in the Table
Or did I miss the clues for that feature?

I am using
%layout.title%
%layout.description%
%layout.comments%
for my title block and are center justified

I would like to have the Title on each sheet centered vertical in the area of the title block when it has no description and comment.
But moving that text to the description field throws the table off.

Is there a "Work Around" for this?

Thanks

PS Why oh why is there no spelling check in the "Edit Page Information" dialog?
You have to do spell check in the table but guess what!  That does not correct that table when you hit (REPLACE)
It does nothing.  Is that broken or is that some cruel joke on the user? :angry:

post-2435-0-81416100-1435501943_thumb.png

Alan,

1.  Suppress the "Main Title" and "Column Headings" by unchecking the checkboxes.  Use a separate Rich Text Box for the Title and Column Headings.

2.  Use a separate Text Box for the "Manually entered Sheet Index (your ACAD dwgs).

Personally, I have everything in Chief - it really shouldn't be that difficult to transfer all the ACAD stuff into Chief.  Then you wouldn't have to mess with a manual Sheet Schedule.

Thanks Joe,

Good advice as always.

It is a PITA to go back and make modifications to the CA drawing in framing that is.

Perhaps when I learn more CA methods.

This particular drawing in CA is very slow as it is. I would think adding framing, floor joist & annotations

it would slow to a crawl. Perhaps not but I don't have time in my work day to experiment.

When things slow down for me (work load) I'll give it a try. Currently i have so many ACAD tools to do the

framing layouts and add annotation I know i can't match that speed in CA.

All the general notes are in a Layout & i know that is easy to do in CA but the individual note & leaders in

Autocad are done with a LISP program i created. Using a pick list I choose the note to be added & then I pick the 3 leader points.

The layer & text style are pre set for the routine and therefore automatic. i.e. a framing layer is used.

The LISP has separate pick list for Foundation, Framing, & general floor plans. The layers are different and pre set for each pick list.

Maybe you have  similar method in CA but I haven't figured it out yet.

I use a customized Array function to do the floor joist (in 2d) and I see CA has a similar tool.

But to put them, all together is beyond my abilities at this time.

Bash CAB 051215 S4 Frame (1).pdf

And what you don't see is a layer that doesn't print, yes you can have non-printing layers in ACAD.
This layer has all the engineering calculations & rectangles I use to calculate load based on areas of floor or roof components.
I have a LISP i created which I select a rectangle & choose what load I want, floor or asphalt roof or tile roof.
Then the LISP calculates the dead, live & total loads & I pick a place in the drawing to place this note.
All this is on  the non-printing layer & left in the drawing for future reference.
Even you can not do that in CA. :)

And what you don't see is a layer that doesn't print, yes you can have non-printing layers in ACAD.

This layer has all the engineering calculations & rectangles I use to calculate load based on areas of floor or roof components.

I have a LISP i created which I select a rectangle & choose what load I want, floor or asphalt roof or tile roof.

Then the LISP calculates the dead, live & total loads & I pick a place in the drawing to place this note.

All this is on  the non-printing layer & left in the drawing for future reference.

Even you can not do that in CA. :)

You would not want to bet on that - you would lose.

I can do the engineering calculations using Ruby macros in Chief.  However, I would not worry about a "non-printing" layer since I control all of that with Annosets & Layersets