Seeking Chief Architect Pro to help on Home Design

elook1

I looking for someone I can pay hourly to take our floor plan and complete an as-built drawing of our house.  Please send examples of your work and your hourly rate.  Once I have the as-built complete, then I have an office project I am building that needs drawings so that I can get building permits.  After the office project is complete then I have a large outdoor kitchen project I want to work on. 

My email is:  eric.lookofsky@gmail.com if you are interested in working on this project.

The house is located at 14535 Running Arabian Lane, Houston, TX 77044

If you live in Houston that would be ideal.  However, I can provide dimensions, sketches and pictures for the right person.

Office Project:  This project has already been started on the house, but I need to stop to get the drawings done.  The project is a build-out of about 200 sq ft in our attic.  The truss system has been modified and the floors have been started by running a new subfloor between 2 load bearing walls. Pictures are available.  This project will add a bathroom on our second floor at one end of the office as well as some storage space.  The office will have a small library and 2 built-in desk.  This project will also include the build-out of our second floor into a home theater with a wet bar.

Outdoor Kitchen:  We are going to pull our the roof line on our back porch about 25' then add in a high-end out door kitchen, with living space, fireplace, tv and plenty of seating.  The kitchen will include a large bar located around the cooking area. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this post. I'm in Houston (Spring Branch/Memorial area). I've been doing remodels now for about 10yrs. full time. We have around 7 builders that we draw plans for. I also have an Engineer that I have worked with for around 8 yrs. I would be happy to talk to you if desired. Please give me a call or email or send my your contact information. Looking at your zip code, are you in a flood plain? Concerning trusses, the truss company supplying the trusses will have their own truss Engineer that engineers the trusses. If this job is permitted with the City of Houston, then the planning dept. will want to have the truss plans done and provided by their truss company. Just helped a man a few months ago that tried to have the structural engineer design the trusses and the City of Houston rejected it. It has to be done by a truss engineer...to get a permit anyway.

Looking again, it also looks like you might be in the County, not the City of Houston. If you're in the County, no permits can be done.