Inserting microwave into a wall cabinet

Jennydahlhultin

Try it in a 3D view, instead of floor plan view. The program may be selecting the base below the wall cabinet. In a 3D or elevation view, you can click on the wall cabinet.

Also, you can insert appliances into cabinets through the cabinet specification dialog.

Try it in a 3D view, instead of floor plan view. The program may be selecting the base below the wall cabinet. In a 3D or elevation view, you can click on the wall cabinet.

Also, you can insert appliances into cabinets through the cabinet specification dialog.

This will probably  not work because the symbol she is using is probably for base cabinets.....  I  have seen this before.

Hi,

I am trying to insert a microwave into a wall cabinet but get the message that I have to put it in a base cabinet or a full height cabinet. Is there some way to get around this? 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Jenny

Just post the plan with what you are  working with and somebody will help you.

I checked one I had done before posting. What she is running into is there are no appliances that "insert into a wall cabinet"

I stand corrected- found one in the library that does go into a wall cabinet using the DBX- in the cheif core catalog- did not use to be that way- Wonder if OP is on X6 or 5?

Attached plan with two solutions.

I copied the one I had already- has a free standing micro in it

Then just to see I placed a built in onto the floor- said ok when program complained-move it up, opened symbol and changed origin, then moved into the cabinet- using either point to point or transform replicate.

I have yet to find another way.

micro in wall.zip