Roof materials or not?

builtright3

Perry was answering my Question Joey on how you got the soffit up that high , not your reply on how you fixed it , looking at you section view I now see you must have subfascia's off or set to say 1/16th" or something , so P. answer makes sense.

Thanks P.

M

Perry was answering my Question Joey on how you got the soffit up that high , not your reply on how you fixed it , looking at you section view I now see you must have subfascia's off or set to say 1/16th" or something , so P. answer makes sense.

Thanks P.

M

Yes here are my settings and of course I don't mind sharing anything. This system of building patio covers is working well. After I figured it out I did three other different sized patio's for other jobs. One is more like a gazebo that is way in the back yard by the pool, two are attached and the one that you have already seen. Learning how to manipulate all the framing materials to work how I wanted and have it all frame automatic was the hardest to figure out but works well once you get it down.  

post-2478-0-30877400-1435289998_thumb.png

Thanks , yep they look good , wish things were that busy here.....

don't forget to check out the Knowledgebase when doing something new , never know what you might find..........

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00598/

I think this was the method you used but this KB isn't online anymore , not sure you need it but I had made a PDF of it so

Pole Barn Structure.pdf

Thanks , yep they look good , wish things were that busy here.....

don't forget to check out the Knowledgebase when doing something new , never know what you might find..........

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00598/

I think this was the method you used but this KB isn't online anymore , not sure you need it but I had made a PDF of it so

attachicon.gifPole Barn Structure.pdf

That's exactly how I did it and I didn't even look at the instructions!!! :)

But how were the knee braces created?

I wondered that too , but I think the Article mentioned using the Ones in the Library , though I have seen KB articles where it was obvious they didn't do the KB in the version/title mentioned.

As far as I know there are no knee braces like the plain 6x6 at 45° in the Library that you wanted and what is there are called Brackets  not Braces , put braces in the search and you will get nothing.

you can use the Brackets provided with a little cheating too

post-315-0-05097500-1435356069_thumb.jpgpost-315-0-51748100-1435356080_thumb.jpg

Personally I prefer the look of what CA calls the Ranch Bracket (no#2) , little more decorative.

78 degrees here in Big Bear and so far they have spent 17 million trying to put out the fire.

for you 32° is 90°  :)

tried to look at pic , but I'm a couple of injuries past swivelling my head that far around.

I have seen on other Forums that iPhone picks come in upside down but don't own one myself so not sure of the reason 

I don't have an I phone either. I'm a die hard widows based computer and droid user. No fruit (apple products) in my life except for the fruit of the spirit! :)

maybe just the orientation when you took the piic ...(phone upside down) most windows programs auto orientate pics so you don't notice this...

No fruit here either :) , I am Windows Comp. + Surface3 and windows phone too , but am close to getting a Android phone , maybe Note4 for app support , though I don't really want to learn another "Ecosystem"

maybe just the orientation when you took the piic ...(phone upside down) most windows programs auto orientate pics so you don't notice this...

No fruit here either :) , I am Windows Comp. + Surface3 and windows phone too , but am close to getting a Android phone , maybe Note4 for app support , though I don't really want to learn another "Ecosystem"

I have the note 4 and I love it! Best phone ever!

The camera doesn't get any better with the 16mp. Best phone camera on the market.

Also;

You know when you take a picture and how it picks up the light from a window and it darkens everything around it? This camera has a quick setting right on the screen that eliminates that problem. I have always had trouble with tying to take kitchen pictures with a window in it because everything around the window goes dark. Not with this camera though! You should check it out.

Thanks for the info Joey appreciate it , been sitting on the fence and my Phone.Co has finally got a "deal" for existing users....never mind I have been with them for 22 yrs , new users can usually get a better phone price though .....go figure...