Roofs

ChiefScottK

I would suggest posting the plan for a better answer to your question but I am not sure what you want your roof configuration to look like. Just extending the roof to those posts creates a host of other design issues. Can you make a sketch of what you are after? Then post the plan and I am sure you will get a live example of what to do.

I've done everything that I can think of, but not going/doing what I want it to look like.. How come we cant draw a roof sketch like we can with Revit?

Here's what I want it to look like

Even if you put any wall temporarily so you have something to start your roof off of you can delete the walls or make them invisible later. I think you have to go over the top of a regular wall first though.

By your pictures I'm assuming that you will be removing parts of your original roof and eave and then coming off the columns with about a 3:12 pitch to the house?

Looks pretty simple. Post the plan if you want better help.

Because ,thank God, this is not Revit.

You are not kidding Perry. I watched a couple of 'how to's' with Revit and was amazed at the amount of effort to get the simplest tasks done. One video was an hour long that I swear would take 15 - 20 minutes with Chief - max - you probably much, much less. And the end product had much less detail, almost no cabinet selections etc. I was quite surprised.

Given that, I don't envy anyone trying to learn Chief especially with another work flow in their minds from another program. Very difficult me thinks.

I've done everything that I can think of, but not going/doing what I want it to look like.. How come we cant draw a roof sketch like we can with Revit?

Here's what I want it to look like

My friend, this is pretty simple in chief.I think this is what you were asking, took no time to do this.

post-2517-0-52323000-1435371341_thumb.jpg

post-2517-0-88936500-1435372117_thumb.jpg

My friend, this is pretty simple in chief.I think this is what you were asking, took no time to do this.

You are such a tease Yusef :)  , pics and no plan for him (or any one)   to play with.

Nice job once again.

M.

You are such a tease Yusef :)  , pics and no plan for him (or any one)   to play with.

Nice job once again.

M.

Mick, you are right. situations like this we should tease on behalf of chief. Like when teasers of revit try to disturb. He refused to post the plan, so he didn't need help, I swear he was searching forums when I posted my attempt to help him, but he wasn't responding. So I was not mistaken the guy was teasing on the tool of the gentlemen like Mick,

Any way, you know me!! I never hesitate to post test plans if some one asks me to do so.... Here is it sir.

roof.plan

Teaser perhaps, but anyone new to Chief and an expert in any other piece of software will find that design very, very difficult at best. Even posting the plan will be of little help IMO even though expertise is always appreciates Yusuf. This user needs some fundamental tools that will work in Chief instead of Revit and the learning curve in Chief, even though it might be a distant memory to many is steep and pretty unforgiving. From me, I wish the user the best and maybe post a couple of specific problems, with the plan to get Chief under control.